Baby Acne.

NIE

Reaction score
Help, my baby has turned into a spotty teenager. :(

My health visitor told me that Adam has baby acne, that seems to get so much more noticeable during and after he cries. Does anyone have any tips on how to help it go away or at least make it look better.

im no expert iv never had acne myself nor has my baby had it, but iv heard tea tree is meant 2 b good 4 it? check with hv that its safe 4 babies tho. :hug:

I think this is really common with autumn/winter babies hun.

Gabs had what we thought was baby acne but it was eczema :(
We tried all sorts of creams but found that epaderm worked the best (it's a bit like vaseline). Have you been given any cream????

Gabs eczema is completely clear now; she gets the ocassional dry patch but I still use the epaderm to keep it at bay.

Dry skin/baby acne/eczema are so common now and I don't think it's helped this time of year where it's cold out and then we go into warm homes with central heating.

I hope it clears up soon hun and isn't irritating him :hug:

It doesn't seem to be bothering him. I was told that it would clear up by itself quite soon, but would get something for it if it doesn't.

My DH's family all suffer from dry skin and eczema, so it could still be that.

I really hope it clears up soon as it is noticeable in close up photos. xx

Livvy had this. Keep it clean with boiled water and always dry it off to prevent it drying out the skin any further. Vaseline can help but it just seemed to me like I would be adding to the problem. Just stick it out and it will clear up within a matter of weeks... possibly even days!

xxx

This is what Toby has, and it got a lot worse with his little cold virus.

I sympathise.. it is really horrid looking. All the photos of toby look really hideous, so the good ones are of him sleeping when it is less noticeable.

You beat me in the race to have our babies! Let's see who can beat baby acne first!!!!

Hee hee

Vicki xxx

It just goes after a few weeks! Finn had it around a month old. It's milk rash (nothing to do with milk) and is perfectly normal - just the hormones from you still circulating round his system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back