Babies in their own rooms...

CalamityGem said:
I like the sound of these sensor mats - what are they called and where would I get one? That would put my mind at ease a bit once we do put her in her own room.

Hiya :wave:

This is the Angel Care Monitor

It's been a godsend for me to be honest, I didn't have one at first but as soon as Jack went into his own room we got one and I'm so glad I did. Really gives me peace of mind :D

You may want to shop around as you can probably get them cheaper than that site but at least it will show you what it is and what it does etc.

:hug:

shannon went in her own room at 5 weeks. I put her moses basket in her cot so she got used to the surroundings. However, I did sleep in the same room until she was 10 weeks and then returned to my husband. To be honest I slept better when i was in the same room as Shannon!!! :angel:

Jonah went straight into his own room, Abigial had 2 nights with us then went into hers. They both have upstairs bedrooms and ours is downstairs but we of course have monitors.

They are both really good sleepers but after reading this I got a bit freaked out about the breathing thing so slept in her room. I say slept but mostly I just panicked all night and watched her breathe. The HV came yesterday and said that it was unlikely that her being in her own room would contribute to SIDS considering that we observe the head/foot rule, don't smoke and keep the temp right etc.

We all slept in our own rooms last night and got a full nights sleep. I'm not saying that this is the right way...just that it works for us.

mark went into his own room at 12 weeks and grace at 10 weeks. both our babies are noisy sleepers so i was waking up all the time and was completely knacked. we found everyone slept better when they went in their own room as we didnt disturb them and they dont disturb us

I dont have a choice at the mo...i would put mia in her own room i think if i had an extra room...am still at mums at the moment..but soon as we move out she will be in her own room because at the moment she is a very light sleeper and i only have to move and she jumps 8) lol

Both my boys went into their own rooms from the first night home from the hospital with no problems at all. I didn't fell guilty about it at all- we have a good monitor and could hear them really well.

charlotte co-slept till she was 1..
not sure how long super ted will.. i love it though.. knowing he is right there next to me..he has been sleeping in the middle of the bed.. and alex has been sorta diagonally sleeping in the cot lol..

only coz its been easier for me to get out of bed via the open side of the bed, think tonight i will go bk on my side of the bed and get Ed to sleep in his cot or theres gonna be trouble...

him n charl are gonna share rooms when the times right..not sure when that will be...perhaps when he starts sleeping for longer periods and feeding less i will start him in bed time routeine with charlotte.. having a story etc..

I got the Tommee Tippee monitor with sensor mat in TK Maxx for £70. It's £109 in Mothercare. There is a light on the parent unit that flashes every time there is a movement so you can 'see' baby breathing.

Evan is 7 months and he is still in our room. I was thinking of moving him to his own room this week, but he still cant roll over from his tummy to his back, he gets a bit stuck. So that worrys me. I think im just being a bit nervous about it all.

kalia said:
I got the Tommee Tippee monitor with sensor mat in TK Maxx for £70. It's £109 in Mothercare. There is a light on the parent unit that flashes every time there is a movement so you can 'see' baby breathing.

I've just bought the Tommee Tippee one too, got it for £56 in Argos. It was £111.00 in Mothercare and Boots :shock:

bray went into his room from day one
mind u his room was like right next to mine and im such a light sleeper lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back