Babies in their own rooms...

Kylie1007

Reaction score
We are going to have to put Finlay in his room sooner than 6 months because he's rapidly outgrowing his moses basket & there is no room in our bedroom for his cot. Don't really like the idea of it so soon but the other option is that we buy a really cheap 'compact' cot which will fit.

The 'official' recommendation is 6 months. Babies copy breathing from their parents and there's a theory that it reduces the risk of cot death in very young babies.

Having said that, lots of mums successfully move their babies at much younger ages. Years ago, most babies were on their own from day 1.

Stanley was 6 months, I just loved having him there and would've kept him but the monster outgrew his crib!! :lol:

We moved charlotte at 15 weeks. She had been slepping through since 10 weeks, but was outgrowing her moses basket, and my OH is a very noisy sleeper. she has always slept on an apnea mat though which sounds an alarm if she stops breathing, and we always have a monitor on as well. My tip is to keep the door ajar rather than shut, and then you can check on the baby without waking them up - charlotte woke up when the door was opened.

three months... but thats because Tia is the worst fidget in the world and has the ability to snore so loud that you could hear her from down the hall with both doors shut and no baby monitor... in my room it sounded like someone was drilling.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Santi went into his own bedroom at 12 weeks :D

Squiglet said:
three months... but thats because Tia is the worst fidget in the world and has the ability to snore so loud that you could hear her from down the hall with both doors shut and no baby monitor... in my room it sounded like someone was drilling.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: never mind having the babies in there own room id love to kick my OH out some nights he snores like a jet setting off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

about 12 weeks.. we all sleep a lot better :)

I m thinking about doing this with Daniel, but i am still not shure. :think:

millies still in our room at 7 months. we wouldve put her in her own room a few weeks ago but it needs cleaning (we had mould on the ceiling before we invested in a dehumidifier) its not fit for her to be in yet.

i heard humans sleep lighter if there are other humans sleeping near to them (so less risk of SIDS)

Lydia was in our room until 22 months.

Alex is still with us - mostly co-sleeping.

Grace stayed with us until she was 6 months ............ the frist few nights she was in her own room I really missed her

We moved DD over about a week ago at 5 months. She was ready, we were ready and she doesn't wake in the night. It was also because she was nearly touching the top of her moses basket and we don't have room in our room for a cot. We did it when OH was off work so he would be able to get up if she had really disturbed nights (not sure why this was a reason actually as he NEVER hears her!)

I still really miss her but somehow 'her' bedroom feels more like hers now and I LOVE going through in the morning and getting those BIG smiles!

Valentine Xxx

Ruby went in a moses basket inside her cot in her nursey from day one, once she outgrew basket @ 3 months she went into cot..I was a bit wary but OH is such a light sleeper he wouldnt of slept wih her in with us and he is such a grump with no sleep :roll:

We followed a night time routine too from day one-bath, bottle in a dark nursery then and bed at 7pm, we dream fed her at 11pm (in the dark) and she only woke once a night until around 5 months but would feed (in the dark), burp and be back asleep in 15 mins. She dropped the 11pm dream feed at 6 months when we weaned her and she has since slept 7.30pm to 7am almost evey night since :dance:

She is so content in her nursey and settles very well in her cot, we have been very lucky :)

Fynn went in his own room on 27th December... and fortunately we had no problems at all... we have one of those sensor mat monitor thingys so I felt quite assured by him going in there!

His bedroom is nextdoor to ours and we also keep the 2 bedroom doors open!

Robbie is also out growing his moses basket, but as we have a fully fitted bedroom with wall to wall wardrobes(landlords daft idea) there is no way his cot will go in our room!
I'm really nervous about putting him in his nursery, especially in his big cot.
I know I should know all about this with him not being my first...but honestly you forget!
Robbie goes to bed after his feed at 11, sleeps till 5ish then has a feed, then sleeps through till 8 or 9am,
Its scary! I do have a bed in there, so i'm wondering should I sleep in there for the first few nights? Or maybe he shouldn't get used to me being there? Advice pleeease!!! :|

Lola is still in our room. I was going to put he in her own room a while ago but chickened out :oops:

She's starting to get too big for her moses basket now and the cot won't fit into our room so she'll have to move into her own room in the next few weeks :(

I only have a two bedoom house and i plan to move imogen when shes walking etc and a bit more independent as I have to put bunkbeds in stephens room as its a bit small.so i need her to be able to go in a bed and not roll out etc.

Im guessing it will be over a year before i moved her, stephen was 18 months before i moved him - I was so happy wityh him in my room although my oh was not!

We moved Maddison into her own room at around 10 weeks because we were all waking each other up all the time (every one of us is a noisy sleeper). She has slept 8pm-8am every night since :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back