b

firstly dont worry chick

i didnt find out weight, but i havent had hosptial scan since 20weeks, was prob pointless telling me then..

my bubs probs weighs about 6lbs now average... so if your 8weeks behind me that sounds about right for your weght of bubs... go onto www.baby-gaga.com its excellent for info..

but dont worry babe xx

28 week scans are not normally done so cannot comment on size at that. I did have growth scans at 34 and 37 weeks and was told I was having a big baby both times. I gave birth at 40 weeks and a couple of days to a 9lb 15oz baby boy just fine. Natural, no intervention of any kind.

Even if your baby gains half a pound a week, over the next 12 weeks up to 40 weeks he'd still only be 9.5lb at birth.

FWIW half a pound a week in the 30 weeks is average weight gain for a baby.

I'd not worry overly tbh. Apparently its easier to push a larger baby out than a smaller one. I certainly didn't struggle at all and my second stage of actual pushing baby out was over in 34 minutes :)

i had a 28week scan which was a 4d one and was told that the estimated weight at that time was 3lb 2oz, they said in thrid tri baby puts on half a lb a week so our estimated birth weight was 9lb2, this really shocked me as i was a small baby and expected a 7lber, have no idea how accurate it all is tho, iv not been sent for a growth scan by the mw so i dont really think im measuring especially big, id try not to worry, its not in our control, im still hoping for a little baby tho :lol:

I had a growth scan at 30 weeks and was told baby was about 4lb 2oz, and that she could be 9.5 - 10lb at birth, going on the average of gaining half a pound a week from 30 weeks onward. They also took into account that my first baby was 8lb 14oz so expected this one to be bigger. However, what they dont always tell you is that they have a 20% margin of error with ultrasound measurements, so in theory a 10lb baby could only actually be 8lb or could be as much as 12lb :roll: Now that sounds like a BIG difference to me! Anyway, after being told I was having a 10lber, she popped out 2 days past my due date at 8lb 6oz, so just a nice size :dance: I wouldnt worry too much hun, its not an exact science and they are quite often way out with the weight x :hug:

as said above hun its only an estimate :hug: try not to worry i was told christopher was going to be about 8 to 8 and a half born and he was only 6-14 i have a growth scan on the twins next week when i will be smack on 30 weeks will let you know what they are weighing although apparently twins tend to grow a little slower than single babies from about 30 weeks at my 26 week growth scan they were estimated at 1-14 and 2-5 so we are expecting them to be around the 3 pound mark next week i remember christopher was estimated at 3 pound 12 at 30 weeks scan xxxxxxx

Growth scan later on in tri 3 (forget the week- about 34) Told me Esme would be 11Lb near as damn it about 98th on the centile (they took my preg records so not entirely sure) - She was 8lb 8.5oz they are a guestimate only Hun dont panic lots of us were over estimated its not an exact science

Sherlock said:
Apparently its easier to push a larger baby out than a smaller one. I certainly didn't struggle at all and my second stage of actual pushing baby out was over in 34 minutes :)
Ha! I second this :oops: Evie was 6lb 13oz and got stuck! I had to have forceps and I tore right to my bum :shock:

My second stage (pushing) took 3 hours :lol: xx

Whitey was estimated at 2.8lbs at my 30 week scan which is right in the middle of the weight range for dates. Have another scan next week so will see how much it's grown since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back