Awful pain in breast - could this be mastitis?

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering. Tonight all of a sudden i felt this awful pain right at the bottom of my left breast, where the underwire of the bra would be. Took y bra off to see if it would help, it didnt and now it is hurting even more. Cannot touch it, cannot lift my arm up without being in severe pain. I fed lo from this breast thinking it may help, but really didnt. For those of you who have experienced it, what is mastitis and does this sound like it? x

Yes sounds like it. That's how it started for me.

Go in the shower and run the water as hot as you can handle and massage your breast downwards. Feed, feed, feed. Even if it's sore keep feeding. Take some ibuprofen and fingers crossed you have caught it in time.

I got the flu symptoms too, chills, severe sweats and body aches. That passed quickly. I didn't need an antibiotic as I caught it in time.

Good luck xx

I have it at the moment, and mine started with pain and a raised temperature. I am in day 3 of antibiotics, and am just starting to feel vaguely human, and it's the first time my temperature has dropped below 100. Get to your docs- I caught it early, and I swear I haven't been this poorly in a long time. As above though, feed off the poorly boob as much as you can- it will clear the infection quicker. :)

Omg - didnt realise how bad mastitis could be. I thought it was just a build up of milk in the breast which caused a lot of pain. Thank you so much for your replies. I did get in a hot shower, massage, and I've fed off that breast most of the day - as painful as it was, and it does now feel so much better to how i felt last night. Hopefully it will ease now, but if not i'll be sure to go to the docs, it sounds awful. Nicnax - i hope you are feeling better xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back