Awful 1st midwife appointment today

I'm with DebbieM, REPORT HER NOW!

Unfortunatly my MW is awful too (although not racist) and i complained and didnt get anywhere. :x

Hi,

I know someone who complained about a mw a few years back and she was allocated another one and it was really taken seriously. I think there may have been other complaints too though. I must add, that I had this mw as well and had no problems with her, but there again I had an uncomplicated pregnancy (my friend complained on the grounds that this lady was unsupportive of her pregnancy problems etc and didn't return calls).

I think you'd have to make it a formal complaint (where you fill in forms etc - there must be a procedure for this in the NHS, don't know anything more than that but it is certainly worth a try I think).

Thanks for the support ladies. When I told my husband about it he wanted me to complain as well. I'm just not the type to complain about stuff, but like DH said, she could be doing this to other people too. Luckily for me, I am moving to the other side of London next month so I won't have to see her again. I will make a complaint once I move and have a new mid wife. I work for a charity and some of the work I do is helping people make complaints against the NHS. Unforunately in my experience, they aren't likely to do anything about it unless someone has complained before. At least they will have my complaint on file though.

Thanks again. :hug: Hopefully the midwife I get when I move will be better.

I made a formal complaint to the NHS after i was left in a bed coverd in blood for 6 hours and was told not to move, this was before my D and C last time i MC, I was then told that they couldn't fit me in that day and to get my clothes back on and go home and be back for 8am the following morning, whilst bleeding and dealing with the fact that i had just lost my twins.
Unfortuanately nothing was done about this, i got a letter of apologie and was told it was due to MW's and staffing problems on the ward.
I don't believe thats the problem why the MW's get to speak to people like their s*** though.

Let us no how the complaint goes, it would be nice to see if you get anywhere with yours. xxx

Dear me what an awful woman. Ignore her I'm sure you bean will be fine. I'd definitely have a word with your Doc about her. She doesn't need to be adding to your already stressful time when you've already told her what happened previously. Horrid lady. :shakehead:

Hope you're okay now! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back