Aversions during pregnancy

Hayley Potts

Reaction score
Hello! So I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant with my first baby, I’ve been suffering with food aversions for several weeks now but recently it’s just starting to get worse, has anyone ever been repulsed by the smell of tap water? And can you tell me if the smell/taste of things your repulsed by don’t actually smell or taste like they are supposed to, is this normal? I had COVID back in November where I lost my smell and taste so things that aren’t disgusting me, I can’t smell or taste but whatever is disgusting me e.g. most meats, tap water, tomato based stuff some times even fresh air?? I can just smell or taste something horrible! If this is all normal and can someone please give me some advice on how to help this :(
Thank you!

100% normal! In the beginning of my pregnancy, I would smell popcorn and vomit. I made my husband sit on the other side of the couch if he was eating it. Almost everything repulsed me.

Thank you! That’s good to hear then, it’s getting so frustrating there’s very little I enjoy eating! Hopefully there’s a light at the end of the tunnel soon :angel:

Thank you! That’s good to hear then, it’s getting so frustrating there’s very little I enjoy eating! Hopefully there’s a light at the end of the tunnel soon :angel:
I totally understand! There’s very little I’ll eat too, and I’m 34 weeks! I’m not like this when I’m not pregnant. But for some reason, nothing sounds good to me, ever! Besides mashed potatoes, lol. Hope you find some things you like to eat!

I totally understand! There’s very little I’ll eat too, and I’m 34 weeks! I’m not like this when I’m not pregnant. But for some reason, nothing sounds good to me, ever! Besides mashed potatoes, lol. Hope you find some things you like to eat!

oh no! 34 weeks and your eating still isn’t back to normal! Bet it’s been a nightmare for you! smiley face potatoes are my go too food at the minute. Bet your excited to meet your little one, not long to go now :angel:

oh no! 34 weeks and your eating still isn’t back to normal! Bet it’s been a nightmare for you! smiley face potatoes are my go too food at the minute. Bet your excited to meet your little one, not long to go now :angel:
Yes very excited! Just a few more weeks. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy mama!

I think it's just finding what you can eat tbh. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and a few weeks ago I started having aversions to strawberry flavoured things, and now fresh strawberries as well. All strawberry flavoured things smell weird and chemically to me and taste awful. The weirdest thing is that plastic smells the same to me as well. If I open a plastic tub or the plastic bag thing that laundry tablets are kept in it has the same smell as strawberry things.
Annoyingly I found out about this aversion after craving a strawberry milkshake. I had a few sips and thought it had gone off or something. Nope that's just how all strawberry things are to me now

I think it's just finding what you can eat tbh. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and a few weeks ago I started having aversions to strawberry flavoured things, and now fresh strawberries as well. All strawberry flavoured things smell weird and chemically to me and taste awful. The weirdest thing is that plastic smells the same to me as well. If I open a plastic tub or the plastic bag thing that laundry tablets are kept in it has the same smell as strawberry things.
Annoyingly I found out about this aversion after craving a strawberry milkshake. I had a few sips and thought it had gone off or something. Nope that's just how all strawberry things are to me now
Yes that’s exactly what it is, everything you don’t like tastes and smells the same! It’s so annoying! I am limited to what I can eat and drink but will get there eventually

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back