Average time AF stays with you?

eldraW

Reaction score
Hello everyone.....

Just a quick one for all you ladies, Basically as the title says.....

When the 'Witch' gets you how long does she stay for?
I am just a bit concerned as i normally get her for at the very max 5-7days (7 days very rarely happens lol).
Well i am now on day 10 and im still bleeding. My cycles have been a bit all over the place the last couple of months and was wondering if anyone could shine some light on my situation?
When AF first came it was quite a bit heavier than normal, I thought it died off a little the other day but now it seems to be back good and proper...... Just wondering how much longer i have to wait until she leaves me alone..... :(.

Thanks ever so much in advance..... Amy xxx

My af is usually 7 days which is so frustrating. Hope she goes away soon.

Aw... Thanks i am so confused though as its never been like this.... xx

Aw... lucky you lol. Does anyone know why this could b happening to me? xx

Mine last about 5 days.

Bleeding for 10 days is not normal Eldra... are you sure it is coming from your vagina? Do you use tampons or towels because it might be coming from your bladder or even your bum which would be an entirely different problem.

If it is your vagina it could be anything from an infection - possibly caused by sticking unsanitary things up there like dirty fingers or dirty toys or maybe even a really dirty penis :oooo: - or it could be a sign of endometriosis or hormone instability... lots of things.

There are other things too but really i think you should see your GP asap :hug:

Mine is 4. Very light on the last day.xx

Hey... Thanks for the replies....

It is defo coming from my vagina, I use tampons and to be honest i havent had anything unsanitary up there apart from OH's penis lol (sorry tmi) and he never has a dirty one lol....
I really am worried about this :(. Also last cycle i didnt get a peak on my cbfm, Do u think this could be related or not? xx

Could possibly be related...

I think the instructions say that if you don't get a peak for two or three cycles to go see your GP anyway.

Well I know with the cbfm that u arent suppopsed to look to much into the 1st month but i did get a peak that month, It was my second month when i didnt get a peak but i think AF came a little early aswell. I just have no idea what is going on with my body x

I read somewhere that some people get extra heavy or extra long periods and they turn out to be an early mc. But I think that is quite rare though. Mine lasts 3 or 4 days usually 3.

Mine usually last around 5 days (3 heavy 2 light).

When I was (much) younger, a teenage friend of mine mentioned that she regularly had periods that were 2-3 weeks long each time. Once her mum realised this (my friend had no idea that this wasn't normal) she took her to the doctors and my friend had to go on the pill to regulate them.

Could be hormonal or could be something else? My advice is to go to the doctor.

xx

Thanks for all the replies ladies.....
Well my cbfm asked for a stick this morning and that came back as high..... The month i got my peaks they didnt happen until days 22 and 23 and last cycle i didnt even start getting highs until day 19.
Also i have just started gettin painful crampyness which if anything i would only get cramp before AF comes. I am really hoping that with the cramps this isnt going to get any worse :( xxx

i would def go and get it looked into hun....

mine normally lasts max 2 or 3 days.....yes i know i'm very lucky! xx

Yeah u r lucky lol.. Thanks for the reply... What do u think the chances of it being normal is? xx

3 - 4 days, but I have short cycles. Maybe it's stress Eldra?

But I would see your doc if I was you!

if you want my honest opinion.....i think you need it looking at. i dont wanna worry you but as someone else said, you could have miscarried.....10 days does seem a long time for a period. but it may not be miscarriage it's more likely to be an infection. but either way...best to get checked out when anything is not normal.....get that doctors rung young lady! xxx

Yeah i would defo rather honest opinions hun so thanks very much. I wouldnt b as worried if it was like maybe just when wiping or not much but its like full blown plus more..... Its confusing me with my high this morning aswell. xxx

mine are mostly 4-6 days but every so often I get one that's 10-12 days. doesn't seem to be related to cycle length and seem to always be really heavy ones. Probably get one a year like that. Don't think it's a miscarriage or anything as has always happened, even when not TTC.

When I was younger my periods lasted between 3 days and 3 weeks. Again really random. Went to the docs and he said it was nothing to worry about, but put me on the pill to regulate as the long ones were incredibly painful

yeah def go and see the doctor and tell them what your tests said and everything too...xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back