Avent teats

-Betty-

Reaction score
Does anyone know at what age you change the teats from a 1 to 2. :D :D

They say 1 month+ on the number 2 teats. I didn't put Jake on to them until he was a few months old as he was fine on the number 1 teats until then. Jake is 9 months old now and still only on the number 3 teats which say 3 months+. I would try the next size up if you feel your LO is ready.

Its trial and error really. They might be the right age but not ready for the faster flow or want the faster flow quicker.

I only realised there was a difference when Austin was 3 months old! :oops: But he only uses bottles occasionally. I tried to switch him over to size 3s recently and he just choked so I'm going to leave it a couple more weeks.

when i bought my avent bottles, they had no. 2 teats on already so tried them and they were fine. maisy was only 5lb 14oz when born and she was great with them. hope this helps

willow is now on number 3 teats and has been since 3 months i just followed the packet age and have never had any problems.

Ryan has been on number 3 teats for about a month now cos the other ones were too slow :)

I started Nathan on number 2 from birth then moved him up to number 3 when he was 3 months. I found the number 1 teats to be too slow when Aimee was a baby so didn't bother with them.

I tried Austin on a stage 3 teat with his bottle last night & he looked so confused! Before spitting it out, shouting, and finally choking... So I swapped it back to a stage 2. He only has 1 bottle a day, so I'm not going to push it.

Does anyone know if there's a reason to change teats other than baby wanting a faster flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back