Ava Johnson birth story (long) *added piccies*

saffydreamer

Reaction score
Hey time for my birth story, Ava was born 40+1 i felt a bit odd on the thursday night! but ignored it, thought it was heartburn!
woke up friday morning about 8am and had very mild pains in my tummy, had a nice bath but couldnt stand to be in the bath for very long so washed and dressed! pains at that point wernt to bad so i caught the bus to my mums! by about 11am the pains were hurting a lot more but bearable so i stayed at home, i did keep thinking to myself am i imagining it lol! about 12pm i rang my partner Mik to get my bag by the door and be ready! rang the labour ward who said time my contractions which i did and they were every 7 mins and lasted 40 seconds, well she said come in when you get the contractions about every 5mins and last at least a min, i lasted until 4pm and couldnt take no more! so off we set! went to the anti-natal dept got examined and i was only 2cms dialated so she put me on a ward and i had some pethadine as the contractions were getting stronger! it helped me relax but didnt take away my pain! anyways i had regular contractions and at 19.45 i was 4cms dialated so i was sent to the labour ward :) where i had a epidural ahhhh i must say that was amazing almost took the pain away! totally reccomend! Anyways i was fully dialated at 00.10 on the sat morning and managed to deliver her at 00.35am the same day! the midwife was suprised i did it without forceps as i was so numb from the epidural! Ava weighed 6lbs 10.5oz had a burst of dark hair! I had a second degree perinial tear, which is very very sore now, but she is soooo worth it! shes very content, and we are both so over the moon! i have many photos but dont know how to post them on here so if anyone wants to lend me a hand and post them for me id be sooo greatfull xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ava soon as she was born
012.jpg

Ava 12 hours old at home
093.jpg

Ava today 1 day old

DSC00046.jpg

Sorry if the piccys are hoooge!

wow somma.. she is sooo gorgeous! and waw what a mop of hair lol.. well done xxx

Congrats!! What a lovely name!! She is gorgoeus!

Huge congratulations saffy

Ava is beautiful, and such a lovely name too. I loveher hat in the first photo, she soo gorgeous :hug: .

OMG She's so tiny.... you forget how small they come.. but she's also beautiful...congratulations... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wow! She's a little beauty! Congratulations! :)

Congratulations!! She is adorable, so beautiful!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back