at what age did you child walk???? *update*

linzi-x-

Reaction score
My LO is 16months (yesterday). About 2 weeks ago she started to walk, and within 2 mins of learnin how she was all over the place for 2 days constantly.... since then i think ive seen her do it a total of 4 times, but only when she thinks its game. she also tends to do a total of 2 steps and thn drop to the floor... She costantly walks around on her knees (even has a sort of run) she only really crawls when she wants to get somewhere fast. All members of my family walked at around 14months and My LO's dads family between 14 and 16months so i wasnt expecting an early walker. when she started the other week i thought yaaaay this is it but she seemed to have gone backwards now.. :(

my lil :( sister walked at 16months and she also walked around on her knees, we know know however this is due to flat feet. but once she learnt to walk shw walked and never went back to knees.

has anyone ever had this problem with there LO's and if so was there a reason for it... ie, flat feet, bad knees etc.....
whenever ive asked my hv she just says its nothing to worry about rather than give reasons why this could be.. i mean i know she might generally just not want to walk yet, but it still worries me just incase thats not the reason

thanks in advance

xxxxx linzi xxxxx

i wouldn't worry about it, she has shown you that she can to it and tbh it is so much quicker to crawl or knee walk lol, and she is old enough to know that it is quicker!! i would wait another couple of months and then ask hv if she still hasn't walked again, but i'm sure she will. :hug: :hug:

I agree with Kazzie-bo!
She has shown you she can do it so dont worry! My first was 15 months, my second was 19 months ish and my daughter was 22 months!
She could walk if she wanted too but chose not too! The HV was trying to get me all worried about her having a problem as she was so old but the doc went mad at her! There was nothing wrong at all apart from that she was lazy lol :lol:

thanks girls xx ill leave it a lil longer and see how she gets on but yeah like i said i know she can do it. its just those niggling feelings you get, iykwim...... she just looks so funny on her knees :rotfl: .

Lydia was 12.5 months when she started to walk solo

Alex has only in the past week learned how to walk solo. He's 17 months old.

All kids are different.

i didnt want to post this.... incase it jinxed things :rotfl: .....
But its official..

Shes a walker...

im so happy as i was starting to worry. Guess she must have sensed it lol....

now she walks constantly and i mean constantly. if she falls she just crawls to the side and stands straight back up. But yesterday she just stood up in the middle of the floor when she fell and carried on walking so doubly proud :D ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOIoILxU ... 53e8b32a50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYsNFMp5 ... 4494106b5c

please excuse the fact shes a half naked babba, we were gettin ready for bed :rotfl:

and shes only been walkin like this since about monday :D :D :D so so proud x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back