asthma in pregnancy

rach

Reaction score
i didnt develop asthma till after id had my first child so have not been pregnant since was just wondering how other pg ladies managed with asthma i have found mine getting worse the bigger i get and am now starting to worry about the birth and how il manage if i get breathless when i was first pg my doctor did say i would prob find it got worse but didnt think it would be this soon :shock: are there any other asthma sufferers out there who can let me know how they are coping and if you have had your baby how it affected the birth? xxxx

I have asthma which steadily got worse the fiurther along I got. I could feel a bit of a strain when I got to your gestation but during the birth I didn'treally notice it too much to be honest. I was always concentrating on my breathing because I was using G&A and I think that helped alot. I would always keep your inhalers with yu and a spare set for your labour bag just incase though.

Hope it doesn't affect you too much xx

thanks sami was getting a bit concerned about the birth have put 2 inhalers to one side ready for my labour bag just in case :(
my asthma tends to be very mild normally dont use my inhalers very often but now i cant go anywhere without one im using it several times a day and getting quite breathless when doing simple household chores etc
xxxxxxxx

Thats how mine was. Go back to see your asthma nurse (or whoever u see at your surgery) and asking them for a review just whilst you are pregnant. I had mine changed.

xx

i will do that thanks sami xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back