asthma and pregnancy!!

LittleManda

Reaction score
any1 asthmatic?

for a few weeks now i've noticed i'm really wheezy when i'm in bed and my asthma is never a problem..

last nite tho it was really bad and i didnt get much sleep at all so i stayed off work 2day..

i didnt want to take my inhaler with being pregnant but my mum rang the NHS and they said to take my inhaler when i need it because if not, i'll be starving my baby of oxygen :(

it only seems to be when i'm lying down in bed at night tho - and its only been since i've been pregnant?

any1 else had any problems?

I get asthma and I need to use both the brown one and the blue one but only at bedtime as I get wheezy when I lay down. The inhalers won't do any harm to the baby hun, use them if you need to x

aww thanks..

its strange its just when we lie down..

i only sleep with 1 pillow so i got another 1 out 2 try and prop myself up a bit to see if that would help but it was exactly the same..

took my inhaler this morning and then i slept fine till i got up at just after 1pm :)

I've got asthma and like you guys it's worse when I'm in bed, I think also because my heartrate has gone up it makes me panic a bit more, even though it's normal! I used to use salbutamol, the red and white inhaler, everyday but since being pregnant I've stopped and just take the blue one as and when I need it, as it's not as harsh as the red one! I hope that makes sense!

I'd definitely try another pillow, I did and it helped, I've now got about 4 pillow though as I have one under my belly, and in between my legs too! :lol:

My asthma actually got better in the 3rd Tri, apart from when I came down with a severe chest infection and then had to be nebulised 7 times in hospital, and they assured me my baby would be fine!

Its only now 5 weeks after my baby was born that my asthma seems to be really bad.

Take your inhalers as much as you need to, neither will cause any harm to your baby!

Ive got asthma, i'm on inhalers evryday and was on tablets aswell untill my dr found out they could cause breathing problems etc for my LO...so she put me on another inhaler to replace the tablets. If i were you i would go to see your dr and explain whats going on and he/she might be able to prescribe a different dosage or different inhaler to help you through.

Im asthmatic and like others have said its fine to take your inhalers, but if in doubt check with your GP

i have mild asthma but i've really suffered this pregnancy too. i got a chest infection and its taking ages to clear up and it has been much worse than normal so much i had to have a nebuliser this time around. my DR said i must take my inhaler when i need it and i can't take it too much even though i have taken it loads its etter to get the asthma under control then to struggle.

i'd left it too long when i started to take the inhalers and they werent helping so i went to hospital..

i had a nebuliser and they took bloods which showed i had an infection - wasnt in my urine so they presume its a chest infection..

they strongly recommended i have a chest xray but i refused as you're not supposed to have 1 when pregnant..

had to stay in overnight which i cried about :rotfl:

was on a ward full of 80/90 yr olds who had no idea where they were and were screaming and shouting all night..

i had 4 nebulisers in total, which they had to wean me off today.. they give me another inhaler, an orange 1, which i need to alternate every 4 hours with my ventolin inhaler, and i need to take them through a spacer..

i'm now home but need to continue with the inhalers, i'm on antibiotics, and i've got to take 8 steroid tablets a day for the next 2 days :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back