Aspirin...

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
Hey guys, When I saw the miscarriage nurse before my last procedure, she told me she would start me on aspirin as soon as I got my bfp...
Now is this something i can pick up from tescos? or is it a fancy kind that needs to be prescribed?
I feel like it wasn't just called aspirin?
Thanks xx

My doctor called it baby aspirin and said to take between 50-75mg. If you ask in the pharmacy, I think they will be able to give it to you.

I take 75mg for this low pappA thing I have. You can buy it at the chemist. The midwife told me not to tell them I was pregnant or they won't give you it though!

They sell it in boots and Superdrug, in Superdrug it's about 50p cheaper for some reason.
It's on the shelf, in a yellow packet, called low-dose aspririn.
I've been on it, and will be on it until I drop, and no one has ever questioned me, so you should be fine
X

I'm taking it to try and prevent preeclampsia. I get mine from Asda as getting the repeat prescription can be a pain. Just have to make sure it's the 75mg stuff. My cousin is a pharmacist and she said they won't give it to a pregnant lady without prescription, but said to say you're picking it up for someone as the doctor recommended it to prevent stroke/heart attack.

It is called low dose asprin if you need to ask at a pharmacy. It comes in packs of 100 as well as 28s. It is 75mg. You might also be able to get it on prescription (I did have the option but chose to buy it myself as it is pence compared to the amount it would cost the NHS to give it to me free).

I'm having a chemical ladies, but thanks for your help x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back