ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! ITS DRIVING ME MENTAL!

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
Please help... im trying to put a picture on my profile and i have tried to upload from the computer and its saying the pic is too big. So i went onto photo editor and resized it and still it says the same. So i used photobucket and copied the link into first "upload from an URL" and then when that failed "link off-site". In both options its brings up "The URL you specified is invalid" Ive been trying to do this for 2 hours now. Why cant you just upload a picture like any other website. I find this a right downfall of this forum as i have tried this before, its just NOT straight forward. Can anyone please help before it drives me crazy? :(

Have you uploaded pic to photobucket then resized it to avatar size? :hug:

i couldnt add any of my pics cuz they were all too big too. i just googled small pics, or pinched one off here xx have a look in the technical section x

I think there are a lot of people who dont know how to put pics up and im not surprised... you would need a degree in IT to even come close... its frustrating and NOT user friendly at all. Im trying to go through this photobucket malarkey and resize... ill let you know if by any stroke of luck i ever manage it! :evil:

Hi, i cant do it!!! Can anyone please give me step by step instructions as im obviously doing something wrong! I dont know what to resize it as or how to do it or what to paste the link into when i have! Nightmare :think:

Sammy I'm crap at technology but I wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: as you sound as if you need them :D

Thanks for all your help girls... i could manage to resize but i dont know where the hell to paste the link into and everytime i try it wont accept it. Im now sitting here in tears as i am so frustrated and its not what i need right now :cry: I think i do need those hugs ROM (thanks) I dont understand why that on every other site i use you just click on UPLOAD pics, browse your pic and submit and it automatically resizes and uploads it for you. This method is just a sack of SHITE! I wish i had never bothered :(

xxsammyxx said:
Thanks for all your help girls... i could manage to resize but i dont know where the hell to paste the link into and everytime i try it wont accept it. Im now sitting here in tears as i am so frustrated and its not what i need right now :cry: I think i do need those hugs ROM (thanks) I dont understand why that on every other site i use you just click on UPLOAD pics, browse your pic and submit and it automatically resizes and uploads it for you. This method is just a sack of SHITE! I wish i had never bothered :(

:hug: Try not to stress about it sammy.. I don't know to use a link to put a avator pic in, I only ever resize the pic and save it to my comp.. Im sure someone can help you

Ok Sammy, do this exactly and let me know if it works:-

Go into Photobucket and upload the pic. When it is uploaded a new page will come up with pic on that says 1 of 1 image has uploaded. Click on your username on top left to go back to page with all your photos on. Dont click edit, click on the picture instead. This will take picture to the edit page. Click on resize and choose 'small'. Click on username on top left again to go back to pictures and highlight info in 'direct link' then right click and copy. Go to your User Control Panel on forum, go into profile then edit avatar. Right click and paste into 'Link off-site' and click submit. Your avatar should now be there :pray:

Awww snuggle you lil angel... thanks very much hun! Its been something thats been driving me insane for a while and every now and again i had a go at trying to upload a pic and everytime i ended up nearly throwing the PC out the window :roll: Thanks so much!!! :hug:

Aww yay, so pleased it worked :cheer: :cheer: I know how frustrating it can be when you want to do something but just cant figure it out :roll: :hug:

Yayyyy!!!! Thanks Shineyhappypeople and all. Snuggle explained it to perfection... it wasnt straight forward though if you are not used to photobucket and where to paste it into but now i know. Thanks girls! (especially snuggle :hug: )

so glad its not just me! I tried and tried and couldnt do it, now I have that tiny pic which I hate but it works!!!!!!

edit.. i followed instrucitons and it works!

sea-fairy said:
so glad its not just me! I tried and tried and couldnt do it, now I have that tiny pic which I hate but it works!!!!!!

edit.. i followed instrucitons and it works!

:cheer: :cheer: Glad you got it to work :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back