Arianna Skye FINALLY arrived 15/07/06 - updated with pics!!

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi all!!

As promised here is my wee birth story..... sorry pics will have to follow as computer packed in and using laptop which wont take camera stick!!!

Our little gorgeous Arianna Skye was born at 2.32am Saturday 15th July 2006 weighing 7lbs 7 3/4oz. She was term plus 13days!

I was admitted to hospital on the thursday for induction. Which was very uncomfortable at first as it was a huge tablet inserted during an internal! Unfortunetly after 3 shots of this I was still no further so was sent to the labour ward to get the drip!

As soon as the drip was in I started contracting but was sticking at only 4cm dialated for ages - probably about 7 or 8 hours!!
The surgeons came into see me and go over getting a c-section as the baby was starting to get distressed.
He pulled my hubby to the side and basically said I had an hour or was going in. Me being typically stubborn thought "no bl**dy way" and 20min later I said I was needing to push (this was after 10min of not saying anything and jumping up and down off the bed pan as I was so sure it was a poo :oops: (tmi) I was needing!!!)
The midwife didnt beleive me at first saying that she'd just done an internal and I was still only 5cm, but after 5min agreed to check me again and all I remeber hearing is her saying to my husband "oh, best get my gowns!!" Arrrggghhhh scary!! This was at about 1.45am (ish)
The head started crowning at 2.20(ish) and at 2.30(ish) the midwife was away to cut me as I was having problems - again being stubborn was having none of that - 2pushes later my gorgeous little girl arrived.

She is wonderful!! She spent the first day a bit sleepy as I had 2 shots of morphine - gas and air made me so so sick!! But today she has been as bright as a button.
She slept wonderfully last night - upto about 1.30am went downagain at 3a,m and didn't wake until 6.45am. The midwife came for her 1st visit today and is delighted with her.

I can honestly say to those still to have - I was getting scared sh*tless at the time and told my husband no more babies...... how can people say you forget this pain no way! Once she was born and I had my shower I came back asking my husband when we were making her brother!!

My husband was wonderful too.... he wsnt sure if he'd come in with me as he is so easily sick with blood etc... but he was there all the way through and even cut the cord. He is so proud that he did!

I'm hoping to get comp sorted tomorrow so will post pics asap!

S. xx

aww hun ya cow you've made me cry lol :cry:

:hug: good on you for being stubborn, I was just the same. It sounds like our births were alike. I never forgot the pain either, everyone thats says that are pains in the butt liars lol

Im so chuffed for you :hug: I bet Arianna Skye is gorgeous!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Im gonna be different and say I honestly cant remember pain!!!!! I remember strange feelings and being fed up and tired but no pain and I only had gas and air.
Anyway I must say I ABSOLUTLY LOVE your little girls name its very unique and pretty name. and CONGRATULATIONS aswell of course, enjoy her x x x x

That's a lovely story you did a brilliant job!!! Congratulatons and looking forward to the photos :D

Well Done you! And congratulations on your family :D
Can't wait to see the pics! :cheer:

aawwhh congratulations.. sounds like a long but lovely birth! good for you being stuborn..

x

WOW!!! :cheer: Congraulations!!!!!!!

Your birth story reminded me very much of my 2nd birth.... well done girlie!!! :dance:

Emilia xx

Oh congratulations, love the name, enjoy motherhood

CONGRATULATION SWEETY!!

Lovely name and well done xxxx

Congratulations & well done hun :D :clap: :dance:

she has a lovely name :D

hope to see piccies soon xxxx

Fantastic birth story - I love the name too :D I know a couple that have just had an Arianna in the past week or so too - they are in Devon though so it's not you! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back