Baby Tilly arrived 8.01pm 06/05/2012

fizzystarfish

Reaction score
Baby Tilly arrived at 8.01pm on Sunday 6th May weighing exactly 8lb!

It all started at just after midnight on Saturday, contracting on and off... nothing regular so went to bed and got some sleep.
Sunday morning was pretty much the same, contractions coming every 10 minutes and not very strong so pottered around at home, carried on all day til around 6pm.

Gave labour ward a ring to see what they suggested i do as contractions didnt seem to be getting any closer or stronger, they suggested i go in and get checked to see what was going on.

Finally convinced myself to go and see what was happening, so arrived at hopsital at 7pm and was examined...... i was only 4cm, so slightly disheartened but they said i might as well stay in as they were quiet. So sent other half to the car to get my bags etc, by the time he came back contractions were one after the other and i felt the need to push.... so off he goes to get midwife. Midwife comes in and reluctantly examines me again ( as she doesnt think anythings happened) only to find i was fully dilated and baby was ready to be born. 31 minutes after she last examined me baby Tilly arrived, weighing 8lb exactly.
She arrived so quick that i didnt have any pain relief as there wasnt time but i wouldnt of changed it for anything.

Both me and Tilly were back home within 4hours of having her and shes settling in just fine with her big sister.

awww thats brilliant hunni, glad to hear you and baby are doing good and you had such a brilliant birth x x x

Wow, how lucky are you! I hope mine's as quick haha.. Massive congratulations! xx

Congratulations!! What a quick birth, that was v nearly a home birth!!!

Amazing birth story. Congratulations and well done x

WOW !! Sounds fantatic !!

Congratulations :dance:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member