arghhhhh constipated!!!!!!!

amy

Reaction score
please help ive tried everything haven"t been for 6 days and my pumps ( sorry tmi :oops: ) are awful :puke: my poor family will need gas masks soon, honestly the smell is worse than a sewer!!!!!!! :oops: :shock: seeing my midwife tomoz so maybe she can give me something. ooooo is anyone else in the same boat :( xxxx

Hi Amy

No sorry I'm not but just wanted to say that I hope she sorts you out tomorrow - I'm sure there is something you can take xx

Nikki x :hug:

Oh no Amy that must be really uncomfortable. Hope that you get something from the midwife tomorrow. Have you tried adding to your diet to see if that helps?

Sounds nasty Amy. :(

You could try plenty of fresh fruit, or some dried apricot every day?

Drink loads of water, thats whats got me through it! :)

amy i had bad constipation in 2nd tri too, id have really bad constipation for a few days and then really bad diaherrea when i eventually managed to go(sorry if TMI :oops: )!
i asked the midwife about it, she said its just pregnancy taking its toll on your digestive system, and prescribed me lactulose for when i was constipated (its like laxatives but onlysoften the poo, it doesnt make you need to go like laxatives do).
Good luck at the midwife tommorrow, hopefully you get it sorted :hug: .

thank you still haven't been i drink 9 pints of water a day eat apricots and fresh fruit, thats another problem im eating loads :shock: will let you know how i get on at the midwifes xx :hug:

I was going to suggest drinking more water or eating fresh fruit but I see you are already doing that. Prunes, oranges and orange juice work really well for me. :)

Years ago I was given something by the doctor which helped. It was little sachets of powder I mixed in water and drank first thing in the morning. It was called Fibogel and flavoured orange. It wasn't a drug, was more of a natural remedy. You could try asking your MW if it's safe to use during pregnancy. It just might help.

:hug: Hope you are feeling better soon

Sabrina

FYBOGEL is what you need.... is wonderful stuff and safe to take when you are pregnant.

I suffer from IBS and this stuff sorts me out every time. It is an orange flavoured drink... imagine a cross between orange squash and weetabix! tastes revolting, but it works....

Don't know if you do this already but regular exercise also helps to get things moving - even a walk after lunch everyday. Fybogel is brilliant too!!

My remedy? Buy a tin of Heinz Baked Beans with Sweet Chilli.... cleared me out no problem! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back