• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

argh stupid sittingbourne midwives.

nmf1987

Reaction score
so i am trying to arrange a tour of the delivery suite at my hospital as neither me nor oh have ever been there and have no idea where to go, park etc.

my midwife told me just to call the hospital and arrange with them when i asked her about it.

so called them earlier and they said i have to speak to midwife and she has to arrange it with them. so called my midwifery department of my hospital and they aren't answering. been trying for 2 hours now.

i dont have any direct lines for them apart from one that only works 2 days a week. it's ridiculous.

finding it kind of worrying that i cant get hold of a midwife.

anyone else have problems like this? xxx

argh midwives are over worked and never pick up the phone. For us in Lonond, they NO LONGER do hospital tours - it is all online. Whilst I do see the labour ward & birth centre, it is different from physically being there!!!
Share your frustration

It's impossible to get hold of my MW. She has her phone diverted to voicemail all the time and never returns calls quickly.

I had my hospital tour today. To be honest, it was a bit of a waste of time. We had a quick tour round the labour ward, went into a delivery room, saw the room with the birthing pool. There was a woman who was obviously in established labour screaming the ward down too which was a bit off putting!

Then we went to one of the postnatal wards and had a look round there and that was it.

thing is i would be happy with that roo to be honest. just have never even been to that floor of the hospital let alone in the wards etc. just dont want the panic of where do we park etc. want the closest car park otherwise will be quite a walk from main car park. xxx

I always find it hard to get through to my midwife. I think I have only had to ring twice since being pregnant though. xx

i have only had to call a couple of times. never get through though.

midwife said to me last appointment about an all day antinatal class that was happening and that she would try and get me on it. got a voicemail from a midwife at hospital and when i caalled back and asked about it none of them had any idea what i was talking about. xxx

thing is i would be happy with that roo to be honest. just have never even been to that floor of the hospital let alone in the wards etc. just dont want the panic of where do we park etc. want the closest car park otherwise will be quite a walk from main car park. xxx

If you don't get on a tour can you do a dummy run to the hospital to find out where the car park and labour ward is? You might not be able to go into the wards but at least you'll know where to go etc. Thats what I found most useful today to be honest. I was quite looking forward to it but just felt it was rushed today for one reason or another.
On a positive side, at least OH knows where to park and where to take me when it actually happens.

thats true. might be worth just having a drive over there. just wanted to ask questions aswell as im interested in using the birthing pool. xxx

Whens your next MW appointment? Can you ask her then?

not till next wednesday. just want it sorted really. she just says i need to call the hospital but they tell me the opposite. xxx

Useless! Hope you get it sorted one way or the other. xx

Hey nmf, are you going to Medway? If you've been to triage, the delivery suite is right there... If not, then the main car park is the best one and it's in the green zone, on the top floor I'm sorry to say! Haven't actually been to the delivery bit but have been to triage a few times xx

We used a combination of Google maps and Google street view to figure out the best route to the hospital and where the closest car parks were. The deatil is pretty good so you will be able to identify landmarks i.e. "the best car park is 100m past that funny wonky tree" kind of detail.

As for rubbish midwives/hospitals , it must be a Kent thing. I'm in Canterbury and they are really short staffed so getting hold of anyone is a chore.

x

yeah going to medway. thing is i know the route etc but wana have a look around etc. cos they are annoying me by not answering etc i want to make a point of going even more now. lol. im so stubborn. a friend of mine said she used the car park round the back for the delivery suite as was easier. im sure i will get through soon.

yeah defo think its a kent thing catty. my sister has had trouble getting hold of them in ashford aswell. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back