are you taking any vitamins - what are pre natal vitamins?

mumtobe79

Reaction score
Hi all

Researching on the net Ive just read that in the first tri you should be taking prenatal vitamins - what are these? do u take them? Ive been taking folic acid but nothing else is this ok? Got my appt with doc tomorrow x

You can get pregnancy supplements that have folic and other vitamins in them. In theory, if you have a healthy diet and eat lots of fruit and veg etc, you are fine with folic on it's own. I ended up taking the supplement as that was all they had in tesco at the time! There is a pregnacare one which is very expensive but the supermarkets do their own brand for about £3.

Agree with what Jelly has said, I take pregnacare but my diet isnt great :hug:

I take pregna care, took it when pg with Oli and always had very good iron levels etc

i take sanatogen pro natal have been basically taken them for the past 2 and half years seems like!!

So long as you are taking folic acid I'd not worry overly.

Eating a well balance diet with fruit and veg will give you all the nutrients you need and are better absorbed into the body than in tablet form.

I never took vitamins when PG, just ate well even if it was a bit boring sometimes. But I also made sure I had a few treats too :)

Yeah I take the same as Rusks Sanatogen Pro Natel.

I just take Folic Acid, but I have a good diet. Well, I eat fruit and veg. :lol:

im on multibionta- and moega 3 capsules. but i always take them anyway, have done for 15 years because i dont eat enough :oops:

Hi all new to this so don’t really know what I’m doing lol.
I’ve been taking pregnacare I am 8+3 weeks. I haven’t took them today because I have been having some terrible side affects. Does anybody else have side affects? Will it harm baby not to take them.
Sides included:- nausea , diorhea accompanied with awful stomach cramps and sweating feeling like I was going to pass out .

Hi all new to this so don’t really know what I’m doing lol.
I’ve been taking pregnacare I am 8+3 weeks. I haven’t took them today because I have been having some terrible side affects. Does anybody else have side affects? Will it harm baby not to take them.
Sides included:- nausea , diorhea accompanied with awful stomach cramps and sweating feeling like I was going to pass out .

They're all pretty standard trimester 1 symptoms, are you sure its actually the tablets causing them? That would be a pretty unusual reaction to a vitamin, but I guess its possible. If you stop taking them it won't harm baby, but you need to be taking folic acid every day up until 13 weeks to ensure baby's spine forms properly. You can get tablets that are just folic acid, and they're really cheap. Everything else you can get from your diet.

I'm taking folic acid and 10mg of vitamin b6 daily, mainly for nausea, diet isn't too bad, have the odd naughty treat here and there :)

I'm taking pregnacare liquid because I can't swallow tablets and I am SICK of the taste already and I'm not even 7 weeks yet.

I’m just taking folic acid but I do eat a lot of fruit and veg so I think I’m covered. The pregnacare ones are very expensive so I second what has been said above, to buy supermarket own brand ones which do the same job (check out the labels!)

I was just taking Folic Acid, but i started on Pregnacare today. My diet is appalling.. i like pizza too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back