Pregnancy vitamins..

Em91

Reaction score
Hello, just wandering what pregnancy vitamins everyone takes. I'm taking folic acid as given by the Dr, should i be taking anything else?

I've got quite bad sickness so trying to keep as much down as possible but somedays that really isn't much, just worried bump won't be getting enough nutrients etc.

also lucozade sport stops me feeling sick, but is this safe to be drinking? Only drinking like less than a bottle a day but info on the net all seems conflicting so not sure :eh:

:)

If you take supplements such as pregnacare or sanatogen mother to be, then you will get everything you need wrt vitamins and minerals. It also includes folic acid.
I've just started taking morrisons own, all the same stuff for much less £££!!

Ah i will have to nip to morrisons then, was in Tesco and they only had the £11-15 for 30 tablets stuff. Thought that seemed a bit expensive. Obviously worth paying for the baby to be healthy but if there is a cheaper alternative!! lol

Ah i will have to nip to morrisons then, was in Tesco and they only had the £11-15 for 30 tablets stuff. Thought that seemed a bit expensive. Obviously worth paying for the baby to be healthy but if there is a cheaper alternative!! lol

Yup, Morrison's is £4 for 45 tablets, cheaper and for more! Great deal :)

PS as for Lucozade sport, I checked last night when I bought a bottle it only has 0.012% caffeine so I doubt it will be too much of a problem. I limit myself to 2 portions of caffeine a day, either tea or coke, or an alternate (which was LS last night cos I needed the energy!) xx

PS as for Lucozade sport, I checked last night when I bought a bottle it only has 0.012% caffeine so I doubt it will be too much of a problem. I limit myself to 2 portions of caffeine a day, either tea or coke, or an alternate (which was LS last night cos I needed the energy!) xx

Trip to morrisons tomorrow it is then!! lol. Or i will send the OH ;).

Ah that's okay then, i don't really drink much caffeine anyways tbh the LS is probably about it atm. I can't stomach tea makes me sick! (as do most things lol).

I was taking pregnacare vits but the doc told me to just take folic acid - so I'm just taking that now.

I'm thinking of alternating them so I take them both lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have been put on something called Spatone because I was having trouble swallowing tablets :)

Trip to morrisons tomorrow it is then!! lol. Or i will send the OH ;).

Ah that's okay then, i don't really drink much caffeine anyways tbh the LS is probably about it atm. I can't stomach tea makes me sick! (as do most things lol).

Tea is one of the only things settling my stomach just now, I'm sticking to decaf at work but sometimes I just need the real thing!

I'm well and truly a coke (a-cola!) addict and need at least a can a day! At least it's down from the 3 or 4 I used to drink :)

I take the pre natal vits from sainsburys - £3.50 for a box of 30 and they are always on a 3 for 2 offer :)

I like tea but it just doesn't seem to do me any good atm, I do drink it quite milky tho so maybe thats why!!.. Hopefully when the sickness dies down i will be fine with it again!...I used to drink loads of coke but my teeth got bad so stopped drinking it near enough all together, apart from with alcohol so completely stopped for now lol!

Ah thanks coco_cukoo, Clearly Tesco are the only people who don't have their own brand lol

Last edited:
Tesco do an own-brand wellwoman type that includes folic acid, but I stopped taking them after the first month cos I wasn't sure they were ok for ttc or pregnancy xx

My midwife said that new guidelines also suggest pregnant women should take vit D as well, so I'm on a cheapo store brand multi vit designed for pregnant women.

My morrisons vits contain 100% rda for vit d, I think most do xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back