Are you going back to work?

I hope not but depends on money and how much childcare costs. Really don't want to leave LO, but fear I may have to.

Hi hun, i wont be going back until all 3 are in full time school. Im quite lucky that i dont have to really. But always wanted to go back at some point xx

I hope to go back to work around June next year, but we'll see how we get on. We could survive ok on just OH's wage but we'd (obviously) be a lot better off if I was working too. I'll only go back part-time though, maybe two days a week.

Yup I went back after 6 weeks ;/ got a new term time job so had to start sept and Owen was born July x

Where I live in London the nursery fees are about £70 a day, so it's not worth it for me to go back to work. If an when we leave London then I probably will..... We'll just have to survive on hubby's wage until then! X

Well my oh earns an ok wage, we will survive but Tbh any wage I will earn will all be going on childcare, I don't want to miss anything either!

I'm working part time from home atm. Was hoping to be back at my desk in April next year, but seeing as I will be about to have #2, don't think I will be seeing my desk for a while. Bit gutted because I miss my day to day life, being in the world, but I love my baby more!!!

Kay, same as me :) I think I'd rather have less money and more time with kids :) x

Defo hopeful! Why work hard just to pay all that money for someone else to have my baby and I have nightmares about baby calling a carer mum lol

Kay, same as me :) I think I'd rather have less money and more time with kids :) x

To be honest I think this is how I'll feel and won't go back to work at all until Poppy is at least 1. We're getting on fine at the moment on just OH's wage so I'll probably re-consider and not go back!

I've got to go back as it is only my wage, im living on as little as possible at the mo, but it will prob run out around Feb...I have no clue what I will do then as I live in the centre of London too and childcare is so expensive. I'm hoping to win the lottery. His father earns 100k but chances of seeing any of that are slim. Im not sure how i'm going to trust anyone to look after him but it may get easier as he gets older.

Im currently looking for work as I took the summer off to spend with my daughter after doing my last year of uni during her first year :) so took time off and now desperatly wanting work!! As a single mum I can afford to not work until she's in school but I want a better life for us both and working can give us that.

I haven't returned to work as after childcare costs i would of been left with about £20 a week as OH earns to much for hardly any childcare help, so for now were surviving on his wage

I am having a meeting about this with my boss tomorrow!

If I go back it won't be full time - don't get me wrong even with nursery fee's being about £750 per month we would still gain from me working but no where near enough for me to want to go back and miss do much of my lo growing up!

I saw all of my son's firsts and it breaks my heart to think I would not see Georgie's. If I went back full time I would be feeding and dressing her in the morning and dropping her off then at night I would pick her up feed, bath and dress her and put her to bed - total of about 2 hours a day with her - that is not a mother to me. Plus there is a lot of stress in my job which I do not want to be bringing home to a baby.

Things will not be easy with just OH working - but there are more important things in life than money and we will get by. Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

I'm having a year out of uni so plan to go back to finish my masters next sept, not sure how hard that will be with a little one but be silly to not finish. I'm very lucky and don't need to work as my hubby has a good wage, it makes me feel a bit guilty not contributing financially though as I always had my own wages, it's quite strange asking your hubby for money isn't it? He's great though and never moans or questions my spending and he would also much rather me looking after our son than paying someone else. I really don't want to miss anything this time round either, I missed so much when my daughter was little as I was still in the RAF then so went back after 4 months and was away a lot, time goes too quickly and you don't get this first year back!

I work, i work all day, i cook and i clean, i am a personal shopper, playtime buddy, teacher, disciplinarian

I control all the finances, to be honest its the other way round here, Liam asks ME for money despite him being the one who actually gets a wage, because i know what everything is doing.

I never understand why people feel that if they are at home with babies doing all the above, they dont have some share of their partners wages. I mean think how much all of those things would cost???

Yeah apparently Sahm is worth £25000 salary... That's what they base life assurance on anyway.

I'm the same I control all the finances etc. I
Move the money, open the bank accounts. I'm the organised one!

Hey there, hope all is well!! I don't want to go back to work but I have to... I don't have a choice, if you want stay home and you are able to I would do.. x

I have to go back to work in January as we can't survive on just OHs wage. I hate the thought of going back, I don't want to leave Louie. I was made redundant in march so I need to look for a new job. I don't know where to start. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back