Whose going Back to work after mat leave?

Lindsay

Reaction score
I am supposed to be going back full time in November but really can't bear the idea of having to leave my little one, would love to possibly drop a day a week and just go back 4 days but not sure if it's financially possible - am working it all out!

What is everyone else planning to do?

For those who have already gone back to work, how was it - is it as bad as it feel to me right now? :( :( :(

Xxx

i went back to work after 6months with Dior... (although i went back 6weeks pregnant) :lol:

but im going back next may (i get a yr of)

i look forward to work, i love my job and like getting up in the morning to go to work i like to feel indepdant and need adult convo

I'm the same as dionne. I love my job (well some times) and could never see myself not working. Although baby isn't here yet. I've agreed to go back after 4 months. I'm only going back 3 days a week for the final 2 months of my leave. That way i get back into the swing of things gradually and become confident about leaving baby. Is this something you can think about? I'll be leaving the baby with my parents for 2 days out the 3 and one day at a nursery if DH can't take a day off.

x

I have booked the nursery place and will go back to work on the 16th Jan next year. I have booked 4 days a week, as I would like to start back on 4 days initially. I have verbally agreed it with my boss (she actually recommended it!) but will not make it official until closer to the time, just in case something happens with my OH job and we can't afford for me to go back on 4 days. The annoying thing is the daily rate for the nursery jumps from £36/day to £40/day if I am booked for 4 days rather than 5 days.

when i go back it will be tuesday wednesday thursday. 1 day they will go to their nans the other 2 days will go to a nursery :D

im sad lol, im looking forward to go back

I haven't even left let (not due until 2nd Aug) - I have another 3.5 weeks to go before I finish. However the nurseries get very busy and booked up and I can't afford to not return to work in January (I get 4 months full pay) so between leave and that we hope to only spend 1 month on SMP, and think we can cope for one month as long as we put some away every month to make sure we can still pay the mortgage.

I am worried about leaving, I am getting nightmares about the amount of work I need to try and get finished before I go. We weren't able to find anybody with my skill set to cover my job so I have passed on aspects of my job to 4 other people in the department, but there is so much locked away in my brain.

I enjoy my job too and really didn't think that I would feel like this before Jacob was born, but now that he is here the thought of leaving him is awful :( I went into work to show him off and when I came away, I realised that I was missing the people and the job. I think I feel guilt leaving him and worry that he won't love me cos I am not around for him :(

Xxx

Nicky I know what you mean my job was spilt up between different people in the department and so much was in my head. I had a hand over booked in with a colleague but she chose to leave work early and go for her hair done instead, now I am getting phone calls and emails asking for help!!! The last couple of weeks at work were manic trying to tie off all loose ends and leave things so that I felt happy leaving them.

Xxx

Hayley after the 6 months are you going back to full time again? It's a good idea going back gradually to get you back used to it.

Xxx

im goin back 2 work, not sure if it will b 4 the same company(tesco) am still findin out if i need 2 go back etc, like a couple of others have said u need adult time!! is lovely 2 b with ur kids but it does drive u demented sumtimes!!! besides u only need 2 work 16 hrs 2 get ur workin tax, not tht i get much cos my b/f does niteshift, but anyhoo driftin off the subject..... yeah im goin back lol :lol:

Completely different for me, but I'm not going back to work. My maternity pay is up now and we were broke, but we cut our non-priority bills down to the mimmum they would accept and will just have to pay them off longer!

I sometimes miss the adult conversation, but then I prefer to be at home with Damien. I can make adult coversation with the mummies I meet, and have met on the forum :D

I'm going back in august :( dont want to!!!!

I have to go back mon, tues and wed morning. so its not THAT bad. but A) we need the money and B) if i dont i hafta pay some of my mat pay back x

a in two minds about it!

As some of you, i miss the adult conversation...and my job as well (I kno I am mad...am a secondary French teacher!) but even the thought of not being with maheen brings tears to my eyes! :cry:

The good thing is that I am only going back for a week on the 17th of July, then I'll have 6 weeks off to France on hols, and in September I go back to school ( :lol: ) and my MIL and SIL are taking over...

I have talked to DH about it, and he says if I can't stay away, just to say and we will just adjust and I'll drop my job :wink: I LOVE HIM!

Mel xx

Im supposed to be going back on 27th December, my maternity pay stopped last month and im on the 6 months non-paid part now, my OH would prefer that i didnt work until Kaiden was 3, but i really want to get back for my own sanity, i used to work 39 hours a week including back shift night shift and regular sleepins, im hoping my work can accomodate my sons day care hours, im gonna try and condense my hours to 2 days and cut them from 39 hours to 16 hours, so i have some of my own spending money. If they cant agree to the hours that suit Kaiden then im gonna find something else part time, although the wages im on just now are really good, the job might prove to stressful with me having a baby now, just have to wait and see XkelX

i was wondering...my pay at work isnt that good and if i had a baby i would want to go back part time. but the pay i get for part would only just be enough to pay for a nursary!! so it wouldnt be worth it for me. does any one else have that problem?

Kas, I don't know if this is any good to you, but there was a thing in the local TV news not so long ago about a nursery which was setup to take children overnight, where the parents were working night shifts, in Reading. Maybe whereever you live might have a similar setup?

ud b eligable 4 workin tax if ur wages arent that good, u need 2 work a minimum of 16 hours tho, and if ur eligable 4 workin tax u get a percentage of ur nursery fees paid :D

Hi Nicky ive never heard of it, it sound like it could be more expensive than regular day care, my OH is here to take him through the night but i wont be telling my work that, or theyl have me in there 24/7 like before Xkelx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back