Are you breast feeding.. join in!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Hi girls, i thought we could have somewhere we can all chat and talk about our worries or truimphs in 1 place, that way we can all help each other..

i'll start, bailey is now 3 weeks old, hes having a few probs with feeding, he goes 24 hours really well with feeding regularly at 3 hourly intervals, then the next 24 hours he can feed forever every hour or so, i dread it i really do, my nipples are not sore, but by heck when you get the let down once they suckle by god it does hurt, like pins and needles..

Im feeling somewhat dissapointed because hes lost alot of weight over the last week, last week he weighed 5lb 8 and on tuesday i had him weighed and he was 5lb 2 :shock: right bck down to his birth weight nearly, i was so sad and upset, im getting him weighed again tommorrow, so hopefully he will have gained a little, if not i havent a clue what im going to do, i really want to carry on, but finding it quite hard, last night he actually went from 7o clock till 4am, thats ages without a feed, i tried to wake him, even tried putting a bottle in his mouth no joy!

Anyway else gonna join in...

There is the breast feeding support thread just above in the sticky. It would be good to see that being used properly again.

I would recommend making sure you get enough rest, that you drink plenty of fluid and eat plenty of food. Oats are supposed to be very good for your milk supply. The other thing I have used when my supply dropped because I had been ill, was Fenugreek tablets from Holland and Barrett.

Also are you sure you have a good latch? TBH it sounds like it as you are saying your nipples are not sore, however if they don't have a good latch they aren't actually getting as much feed for all the work they are putting in to feeding. If you have a breastfeeding support group nearby they can check your latch etc. It is also nice to just have a chat as well. Good luck and well done.

:hug: I totally sympathise with you as I had this problem first time around. I really recommend going to a bf clinic - I gave up last time at 6 weeks but I totally regretted it afterwards - I'm certain now it was because she didn't have a good latch so wasn't getting any of the hind milk.

Not sure if you're having a similar problem but the clinic will certainly be able to advise you - definitely worth a visit before you take any drastic action.

Lots of luck

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back