Are we pregnant?!

BlunderBus01

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I don't want to go into too much detail but I think a little is necessary to get realistic answers from those in the know!:)...

Two or three weeks ago my fiancee and I did what couples do, except this is the first time we intentionally tried without contraception. She has not yet had her period (she is not meant to until this coming weekend).

However, :)...

My fiancee went for a gaenological examination/pap test yesterday and the doctor said 'your uterus is a little larger than normal, have you had any recent pregnancies or is it possible you might be pregnant?' It seems a little unlikely to us that the uterus would be bigger after only three weeks but he said it and we have no medical knowledge...

Since the examination, we have done three home pregnancy tests. EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS PRODUCED A POSITIVE RESULT!!! :) We're going to book a blood test this week. We are trying not to get too excited until we have something concrete from the doctor but can anyone with experience tell us:

How accurate are the home urine tests really?
How likely are false positives?
If you had three positives on a home urine test would you think you are pregnant?

I really, really look forward to some answers and really, really hope I'm going to be a Daddy!

Congrats...a definite positive result within the time frame is v v v v accurate...it picks up a hormone called hcg that is only released during pregnancy makin it near on impossible to get a false positive result if test is taken and read properly...false negatives r a lot more common. U could try a clearblue digi test so u can see it in words xxx

You're going to be a daddy!!!! Congratulations!!!!! xxxx

I was told by the doctor that home pregnancy tests are just as accurate as the ones at the hospital.

Well done xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds to me like you are going to be a daddy, congratulations!!Changes to the female body start to happen as soon as conception has taken place, even if they are subtle ones that we cannot see, such as the uterus becomming larger etc xxx

Shes definitely pregnant!! Sometimes the docs don't even bother testing you - mine doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back