are we mad?

I know its going to be hard and i'm sure i'll be on here from time to time looking for suport and sympathy but people cope with twins / triplets etc so it must be possible.

Of course it's possible, you only have to look at Sarah who is going to have 5 under 5's to know that lol.
You do sound like you have a supportive DH, will he not be posted away? I know some friends of ours live away with the RAF and her DH used to be posted away for weeks at a time.
I guess we're all just being honest and trying to warn you that the reality of having two so close together is hard work. My DD was very well behaved at your DDs age although that started to change when she got to 8 months. I remember crying to my DH during the first tri that I'd made such a massive mistake as I was exhausted, felt constantly sick and DD was being a nightmare to deal with.
There are good times, like when DD and DS will play together for a couple of minutes. Or when DD gets up in the morning and just wants to give DS a hug.

Just on another note - I thought you had to wait a year after having a c-section before getting pregnant again?

And on another, I'm sure that because I got pregnant so soon after having DD that my body hadn't recovered enough to support my pregnancy (I bled, DS was 4 weeks early and I had SPD) and for all my stores of nutrients to be there for the baby. DS is very sickly, despite being breastfed and is also asthmatic. Obviously I blame myself for getting pregnant so soon again. If you are determined to ttc now then make sure you're eating well and start on the folic acid before you start ttc, you need to get your body into tip top condition.

If you plan a normal delivery they recomend 6 months after a cesarian. the internal scar should be healed by 3 months and the chance of rupture gets less the longer u wait. I already know i'd have to go for an elective cesarian tho, my OH is 6ft 6 and although Rosie wasnt "big" she was very long and skinny and i'm told i'm very likely to have the same probs next time. I've been told the only thing i may have to look out for is placenta previa due to scar tissue, but i could get that if i waited anyway. Also if the internal scar is going to cause a problem i'm less likel;y to get pregnant straight away. It could be that i dont get pregnant for months, we are just going to see how it goes. we know we want another fairly close to rosie so we will just wait and see.

The plan after having 2 is to foster/adopt which could bring problems of its own! Maybe we just like the chalenge.

My OH is guarenteed (as much as they can) to stay posted where he is for the next 4 years. he's part of a small remote team and they dont do overseas tours. (he's just compleated his last tour to afganistan b4 being posted here)

Bex, it sounds like your an intellegent woman, and has looked into risks and stuff. I dont think you'll have a problem.
Id love to know how you get on too. Best of luck hunnie and if ya ever wanna just ask me anything just pm me :)

BEX101 said:
If you plan a normal delivery they recomend 6 months after a cesarian. the internal scar should be healed by 3 months and the chance of rupture gets less the longer u wait. I already know i'd have to go for an elective cesarian tho, my OH is 6ft 6 and although Rosie wasnt "big" she was very long and skinny and i'm told i'm very likely to have the same probs next time. I've been told the only thing i may have to look out for is placenta previa due to scar tissue, but i could get that if i waited anyway. Also if the internal scar is going to cause a problem i'm less likel;y to get pregnant straight away. It could be that i dont get pregnant for months, we are just going to see how it goes. we know we want another fairly close to rosie so we will just wait and see.

The plan after having 2 is to foster/adopt which could bring problems of its own! Maybe we just like the chalenge.

My OH is guarenteed (as much as they can) to stay posted where he is for the next 4 years. he's part of a small remote team and they dont do overseas tours. (he's just compleated his last tour to afganistan b4 being posted here)

That's great he's going to be here for the next 4 years :) I know that my friend found it quite difficult at first (she has 18 months between hers) but that's because her DH was posted away quite a bit.
Whatever you decide, good luck! :D

rachelandjarvis said:
Bex, it sounds like your an intellegent woman, and has looked into risks and stuff. I dont think you'll have a problem.
Id love to know how you get on too. Best of luck hunnie and if ya ever wanna just ask me anything just pm me :)

i see yours will be 11 months apart how do you think you'll find it? we did consider to start trying last month but if i had caught 1st time both children would have been in the same school year! I think that might have been a bit confusing :? as it happens if i catch this month they would have birthdays within a week of each other :doh:
it may be better for a future argument free household if number 2 waited at least another month :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back