What did you do/are you doing for your LO's 1st birthday?

Full of hope!

Reaction score
As the title says really.... just curious or maybe nosy :lol:

It's Jacob's birthday on Valentines Day :D and we have decided to have a little tea party for him. There will be 8 children (including Ja, 5 are family and 3 are his little friends :) ) and family of course. I've bought 1st birthday decorations, plates, cups and table cloth! I'm planning to bake and decorate his cake too. I'm really looking forward to it :D

leland is a lucky boy and having 2 'events' lmao because of geography of grandparents !

on thurs ( on his bday ) he is going to a indoor play centre with his best friend , his cousin (kinda long story lol ) , and a couple of other littluns ( friends of mine ) and we;ve got cake there .

then on sat at brians mums ( its bigger then our house ! ) his having the traditional party with food , cake , and stuff ! its all jungle themed too and im so excited !

Oooh Ella's is on the 22nd Feb, I'm making her cake :D It's OH's on the 13th so I'll be making his to practice.
That's all the planning I've done so far!

We are having a party at lunchtime for other babies, 7 of them. Then after they have all gone we are having an open house for grown ups! So that family and friends can come to see her, without our house being full to bursting point.

I am making her cake in the shape of Igglepiggle which is very ambitious considering I haven't made a cake before!

Last edited:
Magic Monkey said:
I am making her cake in the shape of Igglepiggle which is very ambitious considering I haven't made a cake before!

Poppy - mine is on the 13th too, and we call our Ella, Ella Boo!!

Hehe, that's freaky! Wasn't your Ella early aswell? I think your due date was close to mine :think:

Good luck with the Iggle Piggle cake! You're very brave, I'm just doing a regular round one. I'm quite good at fairy cakes, so I'm hoping it will turn out okay :lol:

I'm thinking about this way too early! (she's not 1 til June, lol)

But we're having a TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC.. hehe. Well it'll be blankets in the garden with picnic food and a bbq. I have a fairly big family and it'll be mainly them. I'm going to make a big teddy cake and lots of smaller ones to go round it :D

Ellie's Birthday was last week. On the Saturday we had a party at a soft play centre for her & some of her friends (about 10 children - Mainly babies), it was fab and they all really enjoyed it. They did the food, games, prizes etc so it was very hassle free for us so we enjoyed it too rather than being stressed sorting everything out :) On the Sunday we went to a local park and for a walk on her new trike :D & on the Monday (her actual birthday) we went to Knowsley Safari Park for the day then for a meal with close family in the evening.

It was a fab weekend, she really enjoyed it :D :cheer: :cheer:

Its James's 1st on the 15th Feb and we are having a party here for him :eek:)

We have got lots of balloons and stuff and will have a tea party and Im even going to attempt making cakes!!! :cheer:

It will be about 10 kids I think and a bunch of adults who will probably mark the occasion with a few drinky poos too. Although clearly I will be on the lemonade with the kids!

Very excited!
:cheer: :cheer:

Going to have a Party on the Saturday for Corey, with family and friends over... (His Bday falls on a Friday, so we'll prob go see some grandparents that day, or just hog him to ourselves and let grandparents over on the Sat with everyone else.) Have everyone over from like 1pm onwards really, then kids can go home early and adults can stay and have a few drinky-poos!!

Hopeing for some good weather, so people an spread out in the garden too!! I will bake a cake or 3, depending on how many people are turning up etc. Buy all the 1st birthday ballons, plates, banners, etc etc :) SOOOOO Exciting!!

I cant wait..!

Kyrans birthday was on a sunday so we had a family party at nannies with a buffet at 3pm - so i had enough time to make sure he had a nap nap and wasnt cranky! He loved all the attention and prezzies and was fascinated by his iggle piggle cake, but of course the lit candle was even better :roll:

poppy160 said:
Magic Monkey said:

Poppy - mine is on the 13th too, and we call our Ella, Ella Boo!!

Hehe, that's freaky! Wasn't your Ella early aswell? I think your due date was close to mine :think:

Good luck with the Iggle Piggle cake! You're very brave, I'm just doing a regular round one. I'm quite good at fairy cakes, so I'm hoping it will turn out okay :lol:

Yeah she was 2 weeks early, due on 12th March. I am beginning to doubt my cake making abilities and may well give the task to my MIL! Alternatively I am going to buy Madeira cakes and just cut them up and ice them!

It's Layla's birthday on the 17th (Tues) so on the 15th (sun) we are having a party at home for family and friends. We have an entertainer from one her of classes who does a interactive singing dancing thingy for the kids. I have a MASSIVE family though so we will have about 15 kids and 40 adults in our house :? I have a pony theme all planned as Layla loves the horse (I have 2), so lots of balloons etc Haven't decided on the cake just yet...something pony themed too probably. I know it's going to be exhausting but I love having a full house and it's so great getting all the family together.

Harrisons birthday is on 5th march but he's having a party here on 7th, we've invited sil, bil and their kids along with mil. all in all 11 people and thats enough for me lol. I've bought loads of decorations, will make the cake (and buy one too lol), on 5th we are going for a family meal to frankie and benny's then maybe the safari park/farm on the sunday weather permitting :cheer: :cheer:

Oh and I know she's not a baby but Paris is 9 in june and having a beach themed bbq :cheer:

we had a garden party it was lovely :)

her actual birthday was on a tuesday but we had the party the following sunday coz people weren't working so could come :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back