Are Nursing Bra's really necessary

Candygirl

Reaction score
I have been to 2 different mothercare's now and I cant find any nursing bra's that are comfortable. I am getting the right size as I was measured in the first mothercare, but none of the bra's fit nicely and they are AWEFUL.

Is a nursing bra really necessary? I dont want to spend the money if Im going to be uncomfortable....but if they are vital I suppose Im going to have to just live with it??

HELP!
:wall:

I'd say they were pretty useful... I'm sure people could manage without them but...

*The clips are really handy, easy, and also discreet if you are out and about.

*They aren't underwired. If you have underwired bra's, the wire can cut into your milk ducts and you could end up with blocked ducts/mastitus.

They're not sexy no and I don't know where to suggest for any nicer ones. I was lucky and found these...

as I like things with dots on... but otherwise I have no idea I'm afraid. have you tried M&S? And have you got the ladies to measure you, as maybe if they are uncomfortable you have tried on the wrong size?

:hug:

Have a look on ebay maybe? They're not all used and you may find something more unique.

I have been to 2 different mothercare's now and I cant find any nursing bra's that are comfortable. I am getting the right size as I was measured in the first mothercare, but none of the bra's fit nicely and they are AWEFUL.

Is a nursing bra really necessary? I dont want to spend the money if Im going to be uncomfortable....but if they are vital I suppose Im going to have to just live with it??

HELP!
:wall:

I'd say they were pretty useful... I'm sure people could manage without them but...

*The clips are really handy, easy, and also discreet if you are out and about.

*They aren't underwired. If you have underwired bra's, the wire can cut into your milk ducts and you could end up with blocked ducts/mastitus.

They're not sexy no and I don't know where to suggest for any nicer ones. I was lucky and found these...

as I like things with dots on... but otherwise I have no idea I'm afraid. have you tried M&S? And have you got the ladies to measure you, as maybe if they are uncomfortable you have tried on the wrong size?

:hug:

Have a look on ebay maybe? They're not all used and you may find something more unique.

thank you :)

I have been measured so know I am trying on the right size.
Its just that they gape in the midde so my boobs feel hangy as opposed to supported....and if I adjust the straps it feels like the bra is too high up my back.

I cant win!! :roll:
I will try M&S as I get my normal bra's from there...

thanks again

thank you :)

I have been measured so know I am trying on the right size.
Its just that they gape in the midde so my boobs feel hangy as opposed to supported....and if I adjust the straps it feels like the bra is too high up my back.

I cant win!! :roll:
I will try M&S as I get my normal bra's from there...

thanks again

I found mothercare to be rubbish for measuring. They tried to fob me off with a 40C. Ive been measured in other places and they all said 38F which makes alot more sense as I was a 34E prepregnancy.

I found mothercare to be rubbish for measuring. They tried to fob me off with a 40C. Ive been measured in other places and they all said 38F which makes alot more sense as I was a 34E prepregnancy.

OMG!!
How can they get it so wrong?? :shock:
Maybe thats the problem? I will get measured again somewhere else....
:oops:

OMG!!
How can they get it so wrong?? :shock:
Maybe thats the problem? I will get measured again somewhere else....
:oops:

I got fitted and bought 2 bras from M&S, they are brilliant.

I really do think you should have one, they make it very easy to access your nipples for baby, and when you have the right fit, are very comfortable.

Good luck :hug:

I got fitted and bought 2 bras from M&S, they are brilliant.

I really do think you should have one, they make it very easy to access your nipples for baby, and when you have the right fit, are very comfortable.

Good luck :hug:

I got my nursing bras from M & S and they are really comfy and support me. I couldn't imagine trying to bf without them x

I got my nursing bras from M & S and they are really comfy and support me. I couldn't imagine trying to bf without them x

I couldnt live without my nursing bras, they are so comfy and make life easy when feeding. Sounds like u cud have been measured wrong and thats why they are so uncomfy, I got a couple of bras from John Lewis (expensive but so comfy) and some others from littlewoods catalogue :)

I couldnt live without my nursing bras, they are so comfy and make life easy when feeding. Sounds like u cud have been measured wrong and thats why they are so uncomfy, I got a couple of bras from John Lewis (expensive but so comfy) and some others from littlewoods catalogue :)

I was very reluctant to spend money on something I didn't want to wear (I HATE non wired bras) but having the drop cup is very necessary if you're breastfeeding & the wire can block milk ducts. I have a ROYCE nursing bra and I love it although it's totally unsexy :rotfl: It's so big, it's like a crop top. I got it from an ebay shop.

I was very reluctant to spend money on something I didn't want to wear (I HATE non wired bras) but having the drop cup is very necessary if you're breastfeeding & the wire can block milk ducts. I have a ROYCE nursing bra and I love it although it's totally unsexy :rotfl: It's so big, it's like a crop top. I got it from an ebay shop.

If you want something more attractive, try here

I like the Cherry Bomb stuff.

If you want something more attractive, try here

I like the Cherry Bomb stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member