are Kate and Gerry McCann responsible parents?

budge

Reaction score
The parents of little Madeleine Mccann have been in the news a lot lately ans have repeadedly defended themselves as responsible parents who love thier children very much. I don't doubt the love bit but the responsible paretns bit im finding hard to digest.

Am i the only person who thinks it is HIGHLY irresponsible of ANY parent to leave their children in a room ALONE and go for a meal in a restaurant some walk away from the children?

I just thought i would set up a poll to see what people think of it. Maybe im abnormal and too over protectivebut i cdon't let my kids out my sight where ever i go.

:?

I clicked the wrong one :? ... i think they should be punished...
After leaving there kids alone and lil maddie being taken you would have thought they would have learned but they still seem more than happy to leave the twins... but now i think they need to be punished

Don't get me wrong of course they have to travel to keep the media upto date on maddie but why can't they take the twins with them or one parent stay at the hotel...

They seem to wanna leave the twins alot and after all that has happened they would be the last people i would want to leave :shock:

Hope that makes sense

i wonder if there is a way of changing the poll option then nic - you silly arse for clivking the wrong one :moon:

i think they should be puished if it had been a normal every day family they wouldnt have got half the publicity that they have and social services would have been involved by now, but because they have money and high profile jobs its being passed over.

PRAYING THEY FIND MADDIE QUICLY AND SAFELY :pray: :pray:

I clicked the last one. They've been punished enough. I'm not saying I condone what they did but I can't say they are bad parents because I don't know enough about them. I can't see my kids as I write this, they are outside playing in the neighbours garden. Does that mean I'm a bad parent?

no but you know that they r safe in a garden where i presume an adult is present

Well im gonna vote the second one, because yes i feel sorry for them but at the end of the day its there fault for leaving her alone, what parent leaves a 3 year old in a hotel room with supervision every 30 mins, anything can happen in seconds never mind 30mins :wall:

I voted they should be punished!!

I can see a debate coming on in this thread lol

Sammystar said:
I clicked the last one. They've been punished enough. I'm not saying I condone what they did but I can't say they are bad parents because I don't know enough about them. I can't see my kids as I write this, they are outside playing in the neighbours garden. Does that mean I'm a bad parent?

No you're not a bad parent, but their is a difference to your children playing in the garden and leaving your child in a room alone whilst you walk off and have a meal some walk away!

I voted the 2nd one because had they not left her alone in the 1st place then none of this would have happened.

Just curious to know what punishment everybody thinks they should receive.
Perhaps a prison sentence? Lose the twins? Those kids have already lost their sister, what good would it do them to now lose their parents?

I'd love to know how they sould be punished and by whom.........

my nephews mum left him in the house while she went to the local shop (he was in bed asleep) and a neighbour phoned the police and she had him taken off her for 12 months with just visitation and had to do a 12 months parenting course and i think that was right, my nephew came to live with his nan and grandad so y should they be any different

Sammystar said:
Just curious to know what punishment everybody thinks they should receive.
Perhaps a prison sentence? Lose the twins? Those kids have already lost their sister, what good would it do them to now lose their parents?

But what good will it do them when they grow up and find out why they lost their sister?? who will they hate then??

Princess_Puddles said:

Sammystar said:

No you're not a bad parent, but their is a difference to your children playing in the garden and leaving your child in a room alone whilst you walk off and have a meal some walk away!

That's very true, and of course I would never do that. The point I'm trying to make is that if you make statements like 'I NEVER let my kids out of my site wherever I go' then I have difficulties believing it. It's nigh on impossible to be with your kids ALL the time. What about the journey to and from school? What about them playing out?
OK, it's not the same as leaving them alone and going out, but how many of us can honestly say we have NEVER taken our eyes off our kids?
That's all I'm trying to point out........ :hug:

Ive been thinkin about this since it came out in the news that little maddie had gone missin.

I think its rediculas that someone would leave their kids in a hotel in a foregn country alone and go for a meal. Fair enough they wernt far away, but obviously far enough for someone to sneak in and kidnap her.

I do think they should be punished, it was irrisponcible (cant spell) parentin! i have seen people have social services involved for a lot less, me included!!

I just hope Maddie gets found. I hate to say this but if she isn't then it is their own fault

Sammystar said:
Princess_Puddles said:

Sammystar said:

That's very true, and of course I would never do that. The point I'm trying to make is that if you make statements like 'I NEVER let my kids out of my site wherever I go' then I have difficulties believing it. It's nigh on impossible to be with your kids ALL the time. What about the journey to and from school? What about them playing out?
OK, it's not the same as leaving them alone and going out, but how many of us can honestly say we have NEVER taken our eyes off our kids?
That's all I'm trying to point out........ :hug:

Oh I totally understand hun. Even Harrison being so young I cant say i've never let him out of my sight, I have a shower and leave him in living room playing and when I put him down for a sleep he's in another room to me.

Barmi_Brummeh said:
Ive been thinkin about this since it came out in the news that little maddie had gone missin.

I think its rediculas that someone would leave their kids in a hotel in a foregn country alone and go for a meal. Fair enough they wernt far away, but obviously far enough for someone to sneak in and kidnap her.

I do think they should be punished, it was irrisponcible (cant spell) parentin! i have seen people have social services involved for a lot less, me included!!

I just hope Maddie gets found. I hate to say this but if she isn't then it is their own fault
It doesnt matter how far away they are they shouldnt have left her, full stop. I agree you cant have your eyes on your kids 24/7 but that is a very irresponsible thing to do, I think they should be supervised at all times with their kids, just think about poor madie, poor little soul :cry:

Mel&Hope said:
[quote="Barmi_Brummeh":3445gna1]Ive been thinkin about this since it came out in the news that little maddie had gone missin.

It doesnt matter how far away they are they shouldnt have left her, full stop. I agree you cant have your eyes on your kids 24/7 but that is a very irresponsible thing to do, I think they should be supervised at all times with their kids, just think about poor madie, poor little soul :cry:[/quote:3445gna1]

Mel, Barmi_Brummeh did say that they shouldn't have been left but she wrote it in a different context!

Maybe when they return to the UK the social services will get involved. I don't know if they could be prosecuted under UK law or not?

I suppose it will all depend. I just hope those twins can get some normality back into their lives soon though.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back