are Kate and Gerry McCann responsible parents?

glitzyglamgirl said:
budge said:
i think there is a point to this thread so long as people are replying to it GGG. No one is getting irrate or aggresive on it.
the threads fine. its a good way of people discussing madeleines disapearence.

i don't agree its going round and round in circles at all. all sorts of things are being discussed in a mature and friendly debatable manner :hug: :)

Well im watching you :twisted: :wink: :rotfl:

am i supposed to be scared :moon: :hug:

chezzabell said:
God forbid any of u lot ran out to the post office or just for a sec turned the wrong way and one of ur kids got stolen bet it would be a different story then.

If you turn the wrong way in a post office, you are not making a conscious decision to leave your child for half an hour at a time, maybe more, in a foreign country.

For example with Jamie Bulger, I feel with all my heart for what his mother has gone through, and it wasn't down to her own stupidity or carelessness.

This is just my opinion, :) I don't shut up once I start, drives my OH mad!!!

wooooaaah i missed a lot, the atmosphere is getting real cold here. :?

withouth wanting to sound like a moderator, i think everyone has said what they thought, and now that we have everyone's opinion it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring this discussion to an end. (i will probably be on my own with this one :oops: i just feel a bit sorry for the parents and i wouldn't want this forum to ressemble all the other nasty forums that do nothing but criticise/condemn the parents)

libs said:
GGG - okay so if a parent decided to get drunk and then drive and crashed their car killing their children..but they never meant to - they thought they were fine and just intended to get the children home...or if they just intended to nip out to the local pub at the bottom of their street for a swift half and then ended up staying for an hour and the house burnt down and their children died..but they never intended that to happen..would all that be not the parent's fault then. The crash may have been caused by another driver and the parent just unable to react as quickly as normal, the fire by faulty electrics - but the fact is that the parent's actions did not protect their children - and that is a parent's job.

Leaving 3 children alone in an unlocked room (going on news reports) the possibility of something happening (whether abduction, fire, choking whatever) cannot be so unforseen that it wouldn't enter a parent's head. Otherwise why don't we all do it?

You obviously dont understand what I meant, but you know what - thats fine. I cant be bothered to explain what I meant to be honest, no offence to you hun but I dont think anyone here is in the mood for it and I dont want to get all spiritual on you right now.

I know what I meant lol

Anyway budge, yeah you should be trembling by now :lol: :hug:

I dont mean that horribly, I just dont want to take this thread wildly off course and start a whole new argument thats all :hug:

Not at all - I just enjoy discussion - so long as its sensible (not a dig at you GGG :D )

i dont see the point of this thread what exactly was the purpose except to slag off the mccanns?
and the post that the parents look like theyre hiding something, might have had something to with it, publicity??absolutely disgusting.
is she sedated? do any of you actually know? they have had councilling from day one to try and stop them crumbling into a heap. whatis the correct way to act in this situation??? cos everyone been through a similar thing. :roll:
what reckless hurtful comments.
god forbid that any of you wound up on the tv after a loss, how would you feel if people were saying oooh i think they had something to do with it. (im referring to any loss not just in this set of circumstances.)
this topic has put me off this forum. im all for having an opinion thats great but you have to accept that others may feel differently. i feel that certain people shout down others cos they think theyre way is the only way.

I absolutely agree with you nathanmum, and many people will also, but I think the problem here is that this discussion has gone on for so long, and been done so many times, without actually reaching any kind of conclusion, that most people just dont see the point in arguing. Its a shame really but you are not alone in how you feel about this :hug:

It wont ever reach a conclusion because we dont know all of the facts. I think this should be left now because its coming to a point where its just getting nasty now and its making me feel uncomfortable, dont think this thread should have been made tbh, it was bound to cause tension, sorry budge hope you understand :hug:

It depends

Really there are two threads here - one was it responsible parenting to leave the children alone? Two - give your random ideas as to what happened.

I think number one has valid points to be made on both sides. I think it's been interesting to see what people find acceptable and I also think this is the discussion going on a lot in real life.
I think number two has no validity.

GGG - I agree with you entirely I also look at intent - I think we are on a similar kind of wavelength with this one.

As for the shouting down I have thought that before on this forum and maybe could be accused of doing it at some times - hopefully not on this topic though.

I would never leave Paris alone and what they did was appalling but they are paying the price, although the wee little one has paid the ultimate price, I hate to imagine whats happened to her :(

nathanmum said:
i dont see the point of this thread what exactly was the purpose except to slag off the mccanns?
and the post that the parents look like theyre hiding something, might have had something to with it, publicity??absolutely disgusting.
is she sedated? do any of you actually know? they have had councilling from day one to try and stop them crumbling into a heap. whatis the correct way to act in this situation??? cos everyone been through a similar thing. :roll:
what reckless hurtful comments.
god forbid that any of you wound up on the tv after a loss, how would you feel if people were saying oooh i think they had something to do with it. (im referring to any loss not just in this set of circumstances.)
this topic has put me off this forum. im all for having an opinion thats great but you have to accept that others may feel differently. i feel that certain people shout down others cos they think theyre way is the only way.

i have to agree as well..

just what is the point in this thread, theres so many polls about how the mcanns are, or should they be punished.. i think everyone has had there say now, we know how most ppl feel, now let them get on with it and leave the poor family alone.. this isnt helping anyone is it!

whats done is done, they have to live with that for the rest of there lives!

Yes I agree after looking back some of my comments ie how they are behaving publicity etc etc i think are uncalled for as it wasnt what was asked and isnt the nature of the thread.

But i wont apologise for what else iv said, i cannot bring myself to fully sympoathise with them because my full heart goes out to the little girl.
I stand by my opinion that they neglected those children and that yes i do think they should be punished ... and by punished i mean investigated by social services.
People say that they made a mistake and theyve leant from it and thats punishment enough. Unnacceptable im afraid sorry i think it is appalling that it has taken a little girls abuction to set an example. so yes they should be investugated and i cannot understand why alot of people think that this should go by the by!

I actually havent for one second thought that it was getting sour in here that anyone was getting botchy etc, yes its a highly emotive subject and all of us have different points of view but in all honestly i thought it was just a debate.

I voted that they should be punished. I know they have paid a huge price, but if this happend in the UK social services would be inviolved straight away and everyone would condemned them, how is this any different from some cases that we have heard on the news, where the mother has left their child in the house and just popped to the corner shop??

I know I sound like a cow, but I along with any other people are very angry and upset that they left their child in a room on their own and left to have a meal with friends.

Would you dream of leaving your child in the house and popping to the pub?

The people we see on the news that leave their child in the house alone and then social workers come along and take that child away etc.... should they be offered a trip to see the pope?

Maybe I shouldnt have posted this, but I needed to get it off me chest :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back