are Kate and Gerry McCann responsible parents?

yes they are irresponsible and yes they should be punished.
Im sick to death of hearing people say the poor parents etc etc, WHAT ABOUT THAT LITTLE GIORL THAT IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!

we diont even know if she is alive.
As a parent you have an obligation to your children to protect them how the hell could they protect her when they wrent even there. I hope they do feel guilty they should because at the end of the day if they had been responsible and been there or used the SERVICE OPEN TO THEM then they would most likely still have their little girl.

Princess_Puddles said:
[quote="Mel&Hope":24jzx4n0][quote="Barmi_Brummeh":24jzx4n0]Ive been thinkin about this since it came out in the news that little maddie had gone missin.

I think its rediculas that someone would leave their kids in a hotel in a foregn country alone and go for a meal. , but obviously far enough for someone to sneak in and kidnap her.

I do think they should be punished, it was irrisponcible (cant spell) parentin! i have seen people have social services involved for a lot less, me included!!

I just hope Maddie gets found. I hate to say this but if she isn't then it is their own fault
It doesnt matter how far away they are they shouldnt have left her, full stop. I agree you cant have your eyes on your kids 24/7 but that is a very irresponsible thing to do, I think they should be supervised at all times with their kids, just think about poor madie, poor little soul :cry:[/quote:24jzx4n0]

Mel, Barmi_Brummeh did say that they shouldn't have been left but she wrote it in a different context![/quote:24jzx4n0]
I know i wasnt having a go,
Fair enough they wernt far away
i was merely refering to this part of the post, and just saying that you shouldnt leave your kids for 30mins no matter how far away you are, thats all

Mel&Hope said:
[quote="Princess_Puddles":3annqee5][quote="Mel&Hope":3annqee5][quote="Barmi_Brummeh":3annqee5]Ive been thinkin about this since it came out in the news that little maddie had gone missin.

I think its rediculas that someone would leave their kids in a hotel in a foregn country alone and go for a meal. , but obviously far enough for someone to sneak in and kidnap her.

I do think they should be punished, it was irrisponcible (cant spell) parentin! i have seen people have social services involved for a lot less, me included!!

I just hope Maddie gets found. I hate to say this but if she isn't then it is their own fault
It doesnt matter how far away they are they shouldnt have left her, full stop. I agree you cant have your eyes on your kids 24/7 but that is a very irresponsible thing to do, I think they should be supervised at all times with their kids, just think about poor madie, poor little soul :cry:[/quote:3annqee5]

Mel, Barmi_Brummeh did say that they shouldn't have been left but she wrote it in a different context![/quote:3annqee5]
I know i wasnt having a go,
Fair enough they wernt far away
i was merely refering to this part of the post, and just saying that you shouldnt leave your kids for 30mins no matter how far away you are, thats all[/quote:3annqee5]

Oh Mel i know you weren't having a go and I know what you meant but what I meant lol was that she basically said 'Fair enough they werent far away, but even still they should'nt have been left' but in a different context. lol

Whilst I feel horribly sorry for Maddie - I've been unable to join in any talk about it because to put it simply, no I don't feel sorry for the parents. They chose to leave a child - and don't forget how young a child..alone.
I can very definately say that no - I never left Josh alone at that age - in fact he was never not in my sight - unless he was with another adult who was responsible for him. I was a single mum and it made life tough - but that's what I chose when I had children. It would be nice to live in a perfect world and not have to be aware of the risks but we don't, and the risks are there - along with fire, choking, drowning and suffocation. All of which can kill a child in less than 30 minutes too.
I went abroad when Josh was Maddie's age - we ate early and then DH and I would sit on the balcony in the evening.
On BBC morning news when this first happened some stupid woman sat there and said - well everyone does this - what are you meant to do - never have a meal out on holiday? :x No - not without the children. It's that simple. You don't want to do that - fine don't have children.

Again - if this had been a working class mum and dad, same distance away from children having a drink, checking as often, then they would have been hung drawn and quartered by the press and everyone else.

libs said:
Again - if this had been a working class mum and dad, same distance away from children having a drink, checking as often, then they would have been hung drawn and quartered by the press and everyone else.

That's a fair comment.......

i would not leave Braydon in the house alone full stop, not only coz ther are sickos around but nething could happen, wot happens if he was ill or summit,
i think they were very irresponsible

libs i agree i do not feel sorry for maddies mum and dad the only person i feel for is poor lil maddie herself

budge said:
The parents of little Madeleine Mccann have been in the news a lot lately ans have repeadedly defended themselves as responsible parents who love thier children very much. I don't doubt the love bit but the responsible paretns bit im finding hard to digest.

Am i the only person who thinks it is HIGHLY irresponsible of ANY parent to leave their children in a room ALONE and go for a meal in a restaurant some walk away from the children?

I just thought i would set up a poll to see what people think of it. Maybe im abnormal and too over protectivebut i cdon't let my kids out my sight where ever i go.

:?

Budge you took the words right out of my mouth, I wanted to say this ages ago but was afraid incasse people would have ago for saying it.

I am sorry but they are irrasponsible and should be punished, they are supposed to be intelligent people being doctors n all ( who obviously have no common sense :roll: )

I dont know if I should say this but a lady whos been speaking about this on another forum was there when it all happend, she was staying abouve them and on many night heard the children crying for their mum and dad while they were out eating :cry: so an oppitunist must of seen this happening and planned it.

What parent in there right mind would leave their children unittended in there own home let alone a different country :|

And then leave there other two behind while they go to see the pope! thers no way I would do such a thing! I wouldnt take my eyes off them after something as heart wrenching as this.

:wall: :wall: I just think its mad

I don't think they should have left the children alone at all, they are all very young, what if one of them had choked, vomitted, fell out of bed, started fighting, wet the bed, 30 minutes is a long time to have to wait for their mummy if any of these things happened. It was very irresponsible to leave them, I don't care how many times they checked on them, they should have stayed with them.

If Emma is upstairs sleeping I have the baby monitor with me all the time so I can always hear her. When we went to Eygpt we let Emma sleep late afternoon and then we all went out for dinner together, leaving her alone wouldn't even have entered my head, if she couldn't go then none of us would have gone, simple.

However, the worst thing possible has happened and the parents have been punished already, I don't think anyone could do anything to them now that would be worse than what they are going through. So I've picked the last option.

Tasha20 said:
I dont know if I should say this but a lady whos been speaking about this on another forum was there when it all happend, she was staying abouve them and on many night heard the children crying for their mum and dad while they were out eating :cry: so an oppitunist must of seen this happening and planned it.

Probably not to be honest, as you have no way of knowing if this person on the other forum is telling the truth or not.

I think personally that the blame should be placed with the person that took maddie, not on the parents.

Ok maybe they shouldn't have left them, but they were in the same building and probably had a false sense of security because of that. Especially if other parents were doing the same thing.

Im sure its impossible to watch your children 24/7 unless they sleep in the same room as you and you go to bed at the same time, we all pretty much would agree that when the kids are tucked up in bed and we are either downstairs or in our own beds, or even in the garden, we have no way of knowing 100% that they are safe because someone could come in through the window, or anything could happen which we wouldn't necessarily be made aware of via sound.

People need to chill out a bit and stop being so judgmental and sure of what happened when we weren't there.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, lets put the blame in the right place, with the person that took her, surely thats the only person to blame?

[/b]

GGG We KNOW what happened :)
The familiy went to a tapas bar for a meal leaving their 3 children in the hotel room alone. They checked on them so they say every half and hour but Madeleine went missing between 9pm and 10pm (?).

As i know these are the facts as the parents have admitted it themselves i will judge them as i see fit. And i think that they in effect abandoned their three children that night whilst they dined out with friends. The person that took them i agree was to blame BUT the parents left their three children vulnerable to this crime by leaving them alone so thereby in effect they assisted in their childs dispaearence. They FAILED madeline as parents.

Tasha20 said:

What parent in there right mind would leave their children unittended in there own home let alone a different country :|

What so because I leave Harrison unnatended when i'm in the shower, toilet, cooking dinner...... im not in my right mind?? am I a bad parent because of this??

Sammystar said:
I clicked the last one. They've been punished enough. I'm not saying I condone what they did but I can't say they are bad parents because I don't know enough about them. I can't see my kids as I write this, they are outside playing in the neighbours garden. Does that mean I'm a bad parent?
Hi! :wave:

is the neighbour watching your kids or is she in the local pub having a beer and a snack whilst the kids play unsupervised?
i suspect shes looking after them :wink:

Princess_Puddles said:
Tasha20 said:

What so because I leave Harrison unnatended when i'm in the shower, toilet, cooking dinner...... im not in my right mind?? am I a bad parent because of this??

i think tasha might have meant whist you leave the house to dine out or go shopping etc PP :wink:

i take rachael into the bathroom with me though i must say :oops:

i think they have been punished enough, their little girls missing - that must be sheer hell for them

yes i agree they shouldnt have left them alone but theyre paying the price now

i take Jam everywhere with me, even to the loo and he laughs his head off when I go for a wee :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mummykay said:
yes i agree they shouldnt have left them alone but theyre paying the price now

quote]

trouble is so is little madeleine. :(

if the parents had had a car accident and madeleine had gone through the car window coz she had no seat belt on im sure no one would have had symapathy with the parents. :( But they put her in danger leaving her alone like they would have done minus a seatbelt ......

For those who think they've been punished enough are you telling me that (I know it's not exactly the same situation but near enough for you to understand what i'm getting at) if someone were to have your child for the weekend and they went out for a meal and whilst they were out your son/daughter gets taken, I for one know i'd want the irresponsible person to be punished, so why because they are her parents should they be treated any differently, yes they are having a hard time due to this but if they didn't leave them in the first place none of this would have happened.

(Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I got a banging headache and am sooo tired :bored: )

its so sad, i hate that kids are in so much danger nowadays :x

my nan always used to tell me about leavin her door open and lettin mymum play out the front knowin she was safe, who the hell can do that now???

we need the Krays back lol

I refuse to let Jam go nursery cos of the stories about kids escapin and runnin home!!!! :shock:

THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED!

its sickens me to know that parents to 3 young children left them alone ABOARD in their holiday apartment!
how could any descent parent do such a thing?

i admit i leave emily alone if she is asleep, to have a shower etc. but i always make sure the doors are locked!

i cant see how they can leave their twins either... they dont deserve children! there are so many people out their who would make great parents who sadly cannot have children!

i hope social services DO get involved!
as others have said if these were middle class people they would both be serving life imprisonment by now!

budge said:
Sammystar said:
I clicked the last one. They've been punished enough. I'm not saying I condone what they did but I can't say they are bad parents because I don't know enough about them. I can't see my kids as I write this, they are outside playing in the neighbours garden. Does that mean I'm a bad parent?
Hi! :wave:

is the neighbour watching your kids or is she in the local pub having a beer and a snack whilst the kids play unsupervised?
i suspect shes looking after them :wink:

She certainly wasn't standing over them, watching their every move. She was probably doing what I was doing, pottering around the house with the back door wide open, listening out and taking a peep at them every few minutes.

I'm getting so sick of people slagging off the parents. Yes, we know they made a terrible mistake, but what good does it do to keep banging on about it. What will punishing them achieve?
As far as I can see it, they have recieved the maximum penalty. They are now serving a life sentence with no chance of reprieve. They lost their little girl. Nothing could be worse than that.
I just can't see the point in punishing them more...........
:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back