Aquanatals

petchy

Reaction score
i went for my first aquanatal class yesterday and it was lovely! the MW that runs it seems great, the other girls seemed friendly as well, and it was a really good workout!

i got a fair bit of exercise yesterday as i discovered the bus i was going to catch went at really awkward times so i decided to go on my bike, which would be a 30 min cycle each way. i wasn't quite sure where the pol was so i set off with plenty of time thinking i'd have some time to chill before the class. i asked someone for directions and they pointed me in the complete opposite direction and i ended up finally getting there 5 minutes before the class, huffing and puffing and red faced!

then the class lasted for an hour (was lovely!!) and she pushed us fairly hard, but nothing too bad!

then i had to cycle back again (luckily i knew the way now!!) so all in all i got about 2 1/2 hours of exercise yesterday morning!! phew!

i felt so much better for it though, i had a lot more energy than usual for the rest of the day. the only drawback is i have a numb bum and sore legs today from all the cycling!!! :shock:

one girl who used to come to the classes came in to show off her 9 week old baby, and she told us what a fantastic birth she had. she was a 1st time mum and managed to have her planned home birth with no pain relief and the MW was only there for one hour before baby arrived. she had remained totally in control and said it was wonderful. it was so nice to hear that from another 1st timer as that is exactly what i am hoping for with my birth. so many of my friends think i'm mad to want a home birth, so talking to someone who has achieved what i want was so refreshing!

Sounds lovely!!

I started aqua natal last week too - its lovely and gentle but you still feel like you have had a good workout and relaxation at the same time - our teacher leaves us all bobbing about in the pool with floats etc after the class as its in the splash pool and no-one uses it after us which is lovely as we all just chill out and chat.

One of my local leisure centres does 'dunk your bump' classes, which I would like to try but I am a paid up member of a completely different leisure centre and just doing boring normal swimming.

Well I say boring. I dabbled in some front crawl on saturday afternoon and even though it is a bit hard work, I felt my usual fit self for the rest of the day.

I went to the gym last night and also really enjoyed my session, apart from starting to feel a bit bulky and awquard in the belly department.

Exercise is great though. You will thank yourself later for keeping fit now!

:D :D

Petchy - I am fully supportive of your decision to have a home birth. I actually don't want to go into hospital at all now. Very clinical and too much scope for catching something nasty.

In the last few weeks my ideal birth scenario has completely changed, to something more of a hypnotic, low lit, relaxing scenario with very little added stress, and with that extra uneccesary pain.

I have been going to aquanatal for about 7 weeks now and it's great. It's a good workout and a right laugh. You also get to meet other mums and hear about other people's experiences.

I have been going to aquanatal from a very early stage and really enjoyed it, unlike most pregnancy exercive with is to mild, I find it a really good work out. Tends to make me need a little sleep in the afternoon though!

I have now progressed to top of the class as being the next one due, who knows, thismornings class my have been my last!

Whats nice also is at the same time in the shallow part of the pool they do a mother and baby group so you can take your little bean swimming. Im looking forward to taking my little un' and catching up with the other girls from my aqua natal still waiting to have theirs!

I have just looked in to these classes, i never did anything like this at all on my other 2.

here they are on a tuesday evening for an hour.
I have just orderd a swim suit but i must say im still not comfy with the idea of showing off my body in front of everyone.
then again, they prob felt the same at first.

I have noticed that my bum and legs are getting a bit flabby since i got pregnant, and i have put a bit of weight on my face which i hate!

Im not a big gym lover but water is the one thing i love, i could live in it, so i figured aqua natal would suit me down to the ground, once i get over the embrassment of showing all my flabby bits off that is! lol

has anyone noticed that they have toned up and or lost weight, or even kept weight at bay??

also, i heard by doing these classes, it perpears you for a natrual birth better, is there any truth in that??

coz im planning a natrual birth in a birthing pool but im a bit worried as i have never done full labour before, i got to 5cm on my other 2 and had an epidrual.

xx

Layla

The experts do seem to believe that if you are fitter and more flexible as a result of keeping fit, you should be able to cope with labour better and not get so worn out so quickly, and also be able to get into various different positions that are supposed to help rather than just laying on your back.

Also your weight question. My weight is mostly doing what is is supposed to but I did notice that right from the early weeks, my thighs have got fatter, even before I started putting on any weight! Which shocked the hell out of me but I have been reassured that it is ealry fat stores for breastfeeding and I am also putting it down to a bit of water retention.

Very few pregnant women feel totally confidetn about their unclothed bodies, so I wouldn't worry about it when you do those classes. Everyone will be in the same boat.

:D

Can i just ask ask how far along you have to be to do a maternity class? Am i far enough i would feel a bit of a twit at the mo with my microscopic bump! :oops:

Anyone can go to our aqua natal class - we have some people who are only just pregnant and have totally flat tummy's.

anyone can go i think. i'm 22 weeks and i'm the least pregnant of the ladies in my class! they all have huge bumps look like they are about to pop at any time - waterbirth maybe?! :D :D

thanks Sarah.

I am def going to give them a try :)

I'm convinced that I would be so fat I would have to be airlifted to hospital if it wasn't for these classes, cos all I do is eat and eat and eat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back