April 2017 babys

Hi All,
So finally had my first Doctors appointment yesterday and confirmed that I'm roughly 9 weeks on. Waiting for the midwife to call me today for my booking in appointment...absolutely terrified, its all becoming so real now!!! Currently making my list of "essential" newborn things to buy. Just seems so surreal!!

Hey I kinda forgot about posting on here as I'm more on the facebook page, anyway had first scan today everything went perfect I couldn't be happier x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 22
Scan today, all was good been brought forward 6 days now due 1/4/17

Hi everyone, I've been following your thread for a couple of weeks but couldn't join in as my registration e-mail never came through. Anyway, tried registering again today using a different email address and it sent it through within seconds!

My current due date is 9th April and my scan date is 7th Oct.

We already have an 8 year daughter - we told her really early on (6 weeks), as dh thought she should be the first to know and we were telling family quite early too. I was a bit unsure it was too early for her to know. We sat her down and told her and she burst out crying and said 'I hate you' (to me only not dh) and ran upstairs. Thankfully, a few minutes later, after the initial shock had gone, she was much happier about it. The next day she started sorting out her teddies and set aside some to give to baby and also reorganised her storage drawers so baby had an empty one to use. She has been wonderful about it since and really enjoys looking at the baby centre week by week baby progress app.

I just don't think she was prepared for it (we haven't openly discussed having another baby with her/around her), but I certainly wasn't prepared for her initial reaction either!

Aww Rainbow moon that is so sweet. I'm currently 9 weeks and we are waiting a date for our first scan, its my first with my husband but he has two 20 year old daughters from his previous marriage. I'm really worried about telling them as they are prone to being drama queens and their mother uses any opportunity to try and trun the against their dad - I also work with the younger daughter so if she takes it badly I'll be getting the moods and snidy comments all day and not able to get away with it. I am hoping as they are adults and have their own partners and hmes they wont behave childishly but I am preparing for the worst - Its actually starting to take away any burgeoning joy I am starting to have about finally getting my chance at my own family :(

Hi determined, I really hope they can be grown up about it and be pleased for you. I understand why you would prepare for the worst though, no matter how they initially react, hopefully they will come around. What does your other half think they'll do? And when do you plan on telling them? Try not to let it impact on the joy - easier said than done! Take some comfort in that we all get moments of panic, no matter what our situation, those pregnancy hormones have a lot to answer for!

Hey girls, have we got a second tri group yet?

Hope everyone is well xxx

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Don't think so, .... Forum says 14 weeks onwards even tho it's 13???

Hi determined, I really hope they can be grown up about it and be pleased for you. I understand why you would prepare for the worst though, no matter how they initially react, hopefully they will come around. What does your other half think they'll do? And when do you plan on telling them? Try not to let it impact on the joy - easier said than done! Take some comfort in that we all get moments of panic, no matter what our situation, those pregnancy hormones have a lot to answer for!

Hi Rainbow

My DH thinks that they'll be more shocked than anything else and hopes they'd be adult, but he is all too aware of the impact their mothers poison can have. The youngest has a driving test mid October so I want to wait for that to be done in case this news stresses or distracts her from that, also scan isn't booked in yet so it won't be before then I guess. Midwife came round today and took my blood and I've done my booking in so a bit further along.

My only symptoms seem to be tender boobs , bloating and crampy twinge feelings......shouldn't I be getting more?

Hi Ladies,

I've been following this thread since I found out I was pregnant mid August. I'm currently 10 weeks, 3 days pregnant with my first baby. My due date is 22/04/17. My partner and I had fertility treatment via a private clinic and I got pregnant first time �� I had a scan at 7 weeks and the baby had a strong heartbeat and was measuring where it should be. My next scan is next week on the 3/10. It's all feeling so real now! How do I go about joining the Facebook page?

Hi Ladies,

I've been following this thread since I found out I was pregnant mid August. I'm currently 10 weeks, 3 days pregnant with my first baby. My due date is 22/04/17. My partner and I had fertility treatment via a private clinic and I got pregnant first time �� I had a scan at 7 weeks and the baby had a strong heartbeat and was measuring where it should be. My next scan is next week on the 3/10. It's all feeling so real now! How do I go about joining the Facebook page?

Hi love, Congratulations! You can find me on FB by searching for Pamela Burn. I'm riding with my LG on a merry-go-round. I'll then add you to the group. x

Last edited:
Thanks Pamela. I've friend requested you on FB. My name is Rachel Scully x

Hi, I thought I'd join this thread! I'm 10+3 so due 23rd April with my second baby. My first is 14 months old :) I had a private scan today and everything looked good, baby was waving its arms and legs around! My dating scan isn't until 20th October when I'll be 13+4 which seems so long away! How is everyone doing? Xx

Hi Browneyed Girl, congratulations!

It's quite quiet in here, I think most have gone to a group on Facebook.

I'm doing okay, been feeling really sick but hoping it's on its way out now. How have you been feeling?

That's lovely that you've had a scan already. I had my dating scan on Monday, was so lovely to see - I was really nervous this time! Xx

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Hello browneyed girl and congrats.
Everyone is on Facebook page if you want to join its a secret page?
I got my dating scan Monday (YES!!!) and I'll be 13 wks by then. Can't come round quick enough.
I only had first midwife appt this Monday and haven't seen anyone else.
Are you finding out the gender? I have a little boy who was two in April. Xx

hi everyone!

our poor little neglected first tri page :(

unfortunately i check Facebook more than here, hope everyone is keeping well!

im 14 weeks now and have gender scan booked for 2 weeks time 15th Oct and have midwife for 10th Oct :)

xx

Hi everyone and welcome to new members.

Started to feel baby fluttering away, he/she was having a little party at 3am this morning! I didn't feel my first until around 17 weeks, so quite surprised to have these sensations at 12 weeks - I'd forgotten what a weird feeling it was too! Anyone else feeling anything?

Hello .... Is this group moving to Tri 2 yet? Are we all on Facebook page??..,x

Had my scan this afternoon. Everything ok (phew). They changed my due date by one day to 10th April.

I would like to continue with the April thread if someone wants to set up the tri 2 thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back