***** April 2015 Mummies To Be *****

Hi CDx, yes ditto although more subtle movements higher than belly button, not quite at ribs yet lol but according to midwife uterus is 2" above belly button now (hence why innie turning outie lol) only had a few kicks above belly button but her kicks bellow have got stronger and agree the placenta isnt shielding anything now lol...Im not getting any tight feelings above belly button but can tell my stomach is adjusting as sometimes after eating when deep breath in and out hear wierd sounds just in that area as if stomach is trying to do its work but unable to lol....one thing im pleased about is my weight gain. At week 18-22 I was gaining too much (according to Im pregnant app where you can enter bmi pre pregnancy and every 2weeks weight) but these past four weeks have levelled out, only gained 1lb in two weeks and thats over xmas! I cant believe it when midwife said uterus would grow an inch upwards per week so my cute sized belly will soon be heading outwards a lot more lol....oh and this may sound crazy (first time Mum craziness maybe?) but ages ago we bought one of those kids dolls that cries from supermarket and have it ready for practise (nappy changing, clothing changing, carrying etc). It measures 18" (not quite life sized!) and our baby girl is currently 14" in length - makes it more real when you compare to a baby doll - how on earth does she squeeze in there?...

Most of my movements are lower down, quite a bit below my belly button. Unless I am lay down then he seems to think that my ribs & lungs are a punch bag!

So today is my last day in tri 2!!! I'm getting a little scared now if I'm honest! The thought of being in the home stretch and not having another trimester after the third on terrifies me! I was going to upload one last tri 2 bump pic but neither web or phone will seem to let me!

bless ya cossie, it is all a bit scary, sometimes when I see the belly shakers (foreful kicks that makes your whole belly move) it scares me thinking what am I growing in there! lol. Home stretch here we come, I think so long as you feel prepared and if you're an organised person like me, having lists everywhere and planning things like hospital bag and birth plan early help but for those who prefer to go with the flow and take each day (which im not knocking) may find it scarier I guess... I keep comparing the amount of wks left (14) with the time since found out pregnant and now and that makes it scary sometimes lol, plus comparing her size to that of my kids doll I bought for practise (first time mum, dont ask...) is only 4" longer than our baby girl makes it so much more real! Have you thought of things like yoga and relaxation classes? I have found focusing on breathing and relaxing helps me slow time down and focus on the moment as opposed to feeling out of control and simply along for the ride...perhaps that would help?

Despite everything above Cossie, I am a week behind you and daresay when I say Tri 3 Ill go through same panic as you lol...feels like yesterday when we got our BFPs and then hit tri 2...

Oh my days tell me about it kitten!! I was told the other day I should start thinking about starting to prepare a hospital bag! That really freaked me out as in my head I've still got ages left yet but I guess in reality he really could come at any time now!! I'm a first time mum too, but luckily I've had plenty of practice with my friends little boy who is just turned 1 :)

It really does only feel like yesterday when I first peed on the stick and got those 2 pink lines! Wow, time really flies....

Woo, managed to get my last tri 2 bump pic uploaded!! :D

I've kind of looked at what I need for a hospital bag but I think actually packing one will freak me out. How exciting Cossie although I am totally with you with the fear. I have 2 weeks to go to Tri 3 and because my bump has just exploded from nowhere and I am feeling movements higher than I should I'm paranoid there is 2 in there!

That doll seems like a good idea Kitten I think I will be totally unprepared when little one arrives x

Hi CDx, I have my hos0pital bag for baby packed (as she's not using any of it yet) but packing for me is hard aside from breast pads and creams as a lot of what I would take I wear now so will leave that til later methinks. Well the baby doll idea was for me to get used to the idea of having a baby in the house, carrying etc but also so the cats get used to the cat with a doll baby before real baby arrives so they are not bothered about crib etc when she's here...yes we have the crib all set and ready too...super organised but then I have been able to finish work early so wanted to get all the heavy stuff sorted before got too big and getting nursery organised was my condition before xmas started lol...

We have all baby stuff stored at my mums so far.
someone did suggest a doll to me for our dog as I have no idea how to prepare her. We usually let her up on the sofa, big mistake now I think, so we have put one of her blankets over a cushion and anytime she jumps up anywhere else we move her to that cushion or make a fuss if she does it right so hopefully she gets into a routine and when baby arrives we can sit with them on the other sofa.
someone also said have a cheap teddy to put in with baby in hospital then have OH take it home for the dog to get used to the scent. She is a lab cross and the most placid chilled out dog I know but there's still a lot of change for her and she is 12 so a little old lady just hope she adapts easily.

We have 2 10yr old cats who have ruled the roost til now. We're training our girl to not lie flat on floor n expect us to climb over as she expects...also smells of cloyjing bedding n crib so they get used to it but if have home birth as planned wont have time for them to get used to smell although cud b early way of introducing I guess....

I'm seriously struggling today, the pain from my SPD has been super painful today, actually cried at work today (not good as I'm a teacher and the kids are 5-7 years old) I honestly don't know how much longer I can stand this.

I just don't know what to do! I've given the dates for my maternity to start as the middle of March (36 weeks) but now I'm doubting I'll make it that far, but every week I take before baby is here is a week less with baby. I know I need to speak to OH about it and see what he thinks about starting maternity at 32+4 (after half term) but that seems uber early, what do you ladies think, is that too early?

Xx

Could you not see your GP about being signed off for a few weeks rest and it might help you to make it a little bit closer to due date?

Depends on how you feel emmajane! Ultimately you need to listen to your body. Could you maybe request reduced hours for a few weeks before?

Could you not see your GP about being signed off for a few weeks rest and it might help you to make it a little bit closer to due date?

Yeah, could get signed off, but have only done one week back after 2 week break for Xmas hols. Plus I always feel dead guilty about going off sick, as the kids need consistency and they don't get that when it's supply teachers.

Depends on how you feel emmajane! Ultimately you need to listen to your body. Could you maybe request reduced hours for a few weeks before?

I already only work 4 days a week, doing less than that would affect my maternity pay, so unfortunately reduced hours isn't an option.

Thanks for the replies ladies, I've spoken to OH, am gonna rest completely this weekend, and see if it's just 'first week back' pain (after having done very little moving around during the hols, full on teaching is very active! Lol) so will try next week, but he is of the opinion that we move it forward if my pain levels get anywhere near today again (about a 9 out of 10) and also see about being signed off if needed.

I think one of my big issues is the guilt I feel about going off so early, as other people manage to 38+weeks, so think people will judge me (meaning the parents at school) for not doing that. I know how daft that sounds, buts it's something I've always struggled with (and it's been a big contributor to my past depressive episodes).

Xx

Every pregnancy is different. I suffer from mild pelvic pain while sitting at a desk all day and have times I think f##k this I want out of here now so SPD while teaching is something to be admired. Don't feel guilty for putting yourself and your baby first, I bet most of the parents who you think would maybe judge you wouldn't think twice about bringing forward their mat leave given a similar set of circumstances.

Could you not ask for more support from a PSA so if the pain gets too much you can take a bit of time to sit and rest but still be present in the classroom?

My TA is amazing and does as much as she can for me, but unfortunately I have a very high proportion of special needs children in my class (1/4 of my class are on the SEN register) so she has to support them, leaving me to move around the remaining groups, which isn't great. Also we are a small school, so we don't have the budget to get any additional support.

Thankfully I have 3 days to rest as much as possible and will see how I go next week! Am going to get as much school stuff organised as possible so that everything is in place in case I do go off.

Xx

What about your holiday entitlement emma? Could you not use that before your maternity to finish sooner? That's what I'll be doing as I've noticed my knees are getting a lot worse as I head into tri 3 :-(

Cos I'm a teacher it works differently regarding holidays, the holidays are set for us, so no chance of that unfortunately.

Xx

Poop :( I guess the only option would to be to see your GP or midwife and ask what you can do to either ease the pain or with regards to maybe taking a few weeks prior to starting maternity as sick leave perhaps? Hope you manage to find some way of at least easing the pain

xx

Emma, if you are really struggling I think the only option is to get some sick leave from your doctor. Your class will be looked after. For the time being, you need to look after yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back