***** April 2015 Mummies To Be *****

Hiya ladies I can officially move into tri3 see you over there soon x

Hi Guys, I am posting this in both 2nd and 3rd tri threads as wanted to share with everyone...Now everyone has probably tried the tapping on the belly to see if they get a response but what I tried today had amazing results...I have a chime ball on a long chain that I usually wear every day and the length means it rests around my belly button. Clearly our baby girl has gotten used to this as this morning I tried two things. First of all you should lie in bed with sunlight coming in the window (if you can) and take your pj bottoms or whatever down below belly so basically your baby can sense the light...don't know about you guys but my baby girl ALWAYS kicks soon after sensing the light but only recently....

anyways, get into a comfortable position either completely flat or propped up on pillows. Now the first thing you will notice is that if you can get the sunlight to show shadows you will see more than you can feel...this amazed me as thought she was only kicking when felt her but clearly not. If you watch for a while it is like a scene out of aliens with gentle or erratic movements across your belly beneath belly button and if you're at similar week to me above also. Once you have ascertained your baby is awake. what I then did was take the chain from around me neck and lay the chime on my belly, what I then did was gently tap on the chime 2-3 times making sure to push a bit in with it and then wait. Now I though I would just have some fun with this but amazingly she responded by kicking/moving/rolling in exactly the same place as the chime ball, so I rewarded her with words and a stroke in that area and then moved the chime ball to another area and repeated the process, expecting this to be a fluke...it wasn't...she did it again and for the past 45 minutes have been playing this game. If you don't get a response straightaway simply tap the chime ball again in the same position regularly every few mins until you get a response...wow it was amazing and very clever...the thing is the minute I decided I'd had enough (she seemed to be reacting slower also and my back was hurting lol) and removed the chime ball she gave two almighty kicks as if to say 'again, again' lol. What fun! I had to tell you all as its an amazing feeling not only knowing you have a baby moving in there but that they can respond to sound and touch so accurately like that! OK thatch me...phew...also probably best for sunlight and positioning to be first thing in the morning to try this as don't know bout you guys but thatch when my baby girl is most active...

How are we all ladies? Not much going on in here...

I'm off work. Went to do the food shop at the weekend and was in serious agony after 10 minutes, made me realise I can't keep on like I was. So am self certifications for this week and will be seeing the doc at the end of the week.

I've also book to see a chiropractor to see if they can help (seeing as tho the nhs physio did nothing for me!) bloody expensive but if it works then it will be worth it!

Xx

Glad you are taking a break Emmajaine, hopefully you will get some more help from your appointment.

I'm at work scared to go out for lunch in case I get knocked off my feet...The weather is crazy here at the moment and apparently it's to snow tonight. I'm clumsy at the best of times so paranoid about falling on bump with snow/ice.

just booked a 4d scan for a week on sunday :) started to feel abit sicky in the mornings this week, ive avoided morning sickness so far, be typical if it kicks in now haha xxx

I hope it's not morning sickness rebecca! Fingers crossed for tim and I hope you feel better soon! Xx

Hi guys think I may have had first braxton hicks. Was having tummy time with our girl n noticed a gathering pressure in middle of belly n tightening of muscles. It got very firm n tense cudnt tap it at all. Then minute later was relaxed again...i didnt have cramps per se but do u think this was BH?

ive been ok today so hopefully was nothing! :)
yes that sounds like BH to me, i started to get them around 30 weeks last time and i think ive felt a few this time already! xxx

Thanks Rebecca wierd sensation not painful just unsettling. ..for now. Im simultaneously excited (body practising is a gud sign) but also scared as this defo means on final countdown...under 13wks to go if she makes it to term. Will keep an eye on BH as heard can b several times a day/hr on and off n so far just the once...

Not long before all April mummies will be in tri 3 now!! I don't know about everyone else but this is really exciting for me!! Last hurdle and I can't wait to meet my little boy! :D

I'll probably be the last one to move over. Still got 11 days to go!

I'm not too far ahead of you lizziimay I've got 8 days to go!
I can't believe how fast time is passing.

is anyone else finding that hormones are doing them good? Normally when I'm due my period I am a nightmare to be around mood swings are awful and I was tested for a whole range of this because of it. Since I've been pregnant I've only had 1 proper meltdown and that was at new year when my mobile broke my OH said he would get it sorted a few days later when his friend who works with our network went back to work. I went on a rant saying how unacceptable that was and what happens if I'm home alone and something goes wrong with the baby we don't have a land line what would I do in between tears and sobs. He tried to reassure me that we had plans together until he could speak to his friend so I wouldn't be on my own tried his best then ruined it by laughing! I started shouting at him to get out the house so he went for a drive for a bit then brought me back a cake as a peace offering. That's not bad going for almost 26 weeks where as if I had my regular cycle guaranteed to happen at least 4 or 5 times.

Cx

I've still go 9 days to go!

CDx I would love to say hormones have gone me good but they haven't! I can be a right moody cow these days and my tolerance level of annoying people is very low...i sit opposite an extreme annoying woman at work (I'm not the only one who thinks this by the way) I usually just shut her out but this week I've had to have a bitch about her to a collegue cos she's just doing my head in!
I feel mean but can't seem to stop myself... I aldo cry more, on Tuesday I sat in my car crying because I was stuck in traffic and thought I might be 5 mins late for work...ridiculous when I think about it now, but I was so upset lol

I hope I return to normal after baby arrives x

I've been super teary cos of the hormones, have always been fairly emotional, but it's been soo much worse the last few months, literally cry at anything now!! Oh got really concerned at first, now he like 'oh, you're crying again... ' lol

X

Last edited:
Hey guys. How is every one. only a week and a day to go till i can move over to third trimester. getting closer now. been having a few braxton hicks and back ache but apart from that im fine. Giving up work on the 8th feb. cant wait to be able to start getting things ready propley.

5 days for me till 3rd trimester.....YAY we're all slowly moving over there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back