apparently im a bad mother

Melanie

Reaction score
Well this morning has been shit.

We got an unannounced visit from two health visitors this morning. One spoke no English at all and kept getting in my face gabbling Hungarian at me even though i had apologised and explained that i dont speak the language well enough to understand her. The other spoke English and was a total bitch.

First they said that the were both here because i am a single parent. I told them i wasn't. The asked where Thea's dad was and i said he is at work and the one who spoke English laughed and said that i didn't have to make things up! I felt like slapping her. I explained that we weren't married but that we lived together and that the only reason i was even in this bloody country was because Richard works here. She really didn't believe me.

Then she says have you taken the baby outside yet. I said yes of course i had, to the shop etc. She actually shouted at me then! She called me bad at being a mother, that babies should never leave the house until they are at least 6 weeks old unless they are going to the doctor. Now its not like i took my daughter outside in a friggin snow storm, yes it is cold here now but fuck if we need milk we need milk and i'm not a moron. She gets well wrapped up in her snowsuit and hat etc and because she is in a sling she has my body heat too.

Then they told me i need to get rid of baileys that it was wrong to have a dog and a baby together because of germs.

I got so sick i asked them to leave and she said they would leave when they were ready not before!

She asked me if i had been depressed since Thea was born and i said no because i honestly haven't. She laughed at me again and said she thought i wasn't telling the truth. I told her i didn't appreciate being called a liar in my own home and if she wasn't to going to believe what i said then i didn't see the point of her being here. She asked about breastfeeding, i told her that now my milk had settled in everything was fine and we had no problems, and she just pulled a face at me like i was talking crap or something.

when they left she told me she thought i was hostile! And that she is not satisfied with things here and she will be back in two weeks. Yeah right lady i'm gonna let you in my house again!

How dare she call me a bad mother! Thea is happy and healthy. She has put all her birth weight back on and then some! She is alert. I am with her 24/7. I sing to her, talk to her, play with her, read to her and she isnt even three weeks old yet. What the hell else could i possibly do?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

Oh my god hun, what a wicked witch she sounds, all i can say is :hug:

And she said you were hostile!!!! Well she shouldn't call people names until she knows what she is....a total b!tch!!!

So sorry you had this horrible experience........certainly don't let her in the house again (as if you would) and keep doing what you're doing - you sound like the opposite of a bad mother to me!! :hug:

Hope you are ok babes, maybe ask DH to call and ball her out when he gets home from work?! :hug:

Howe F-ing dare they! :shock: How god damn rude. Is there anyway you can report them and change HV's??

Can you complain about them to someone? or refuse to see them?. i hear so many people complaining that there HV are nasty.

I knew things would be different when we left the UK, i knew that the language barrier i have here in Hungary would make things harder but i never expected to have to deal with anything like those HV's :cry:

I called my doctors office and they are going to sort it out for me so i dont have to see them anymore. The receptionist told me that lots of their English and American patients have had similar experiences with the hungarian health visitors.

:shock:

i will never moan about my hv again!

:evil: i think you were very polite considering hun - they would have been out on their arses before they knew what had hit them if it were me! :shakehead:

thank goodness your docs seem to understand.

just goes to show how cultural differences really can be huge sometimes!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Mel, that's awful :hug:

I can really relate to how you are feeling as I have been treated with similar disrespect here in Denmark.

I'm glad you have complained about them, I can't believe how rude they were. It can bve so hard being in another country can't it? Sometimes I feel like jumping on a plane to my Mum's place!

I'm glad you know you are a top Mum and those old hags are talking rubbish. You know what's good for Thea! Give her a big hug from me :hug:

:shock: What a complete bitch. How dare they say that to you :shock:

I know what you mean Katt, sometimes i just want to get on a plane home.

Melanie said:
Well this morning has been sh*t.

We got an unannounced visit from two health visitors this morning. One spoke no English at all and kept getting in my face gabbling Hungarian at me even though i had apologised and explained that i dont speak the language well enough to understand her. The other spoke English and was a total bitch.

First they said that the were both here because i am a single parent. I told them i wasn't. The asked where Thea's dad was and i said he is at work and the one who spoke English laughed and said that i didn't have to make things up! I felt like slapping her. I explained that we weren't married but that we lived together and that the only reason i was even in this bloody country was because Richard works here. She really didn't believe me.

Then she says have you taken the baby outside yet. I said yes of course i had, to the shop etc. She actually shouted at me then! She called me bad at being a mother, that babies should never leave the house until they are at least 6 weeks old unless they are going to the doctor. Now its not like i took my daughter outside in a friggin snow storm, yes it is cold here now but f**k if we need milk we need milk and i'm not a moron. She gets well wrapped up in her snowsuit and hat etc and because she is in a sling she has my body heat too.

Then they told me i need to get rid of baileys that it was wrong to have a dog and a baby together because of germs.

I got so sick i asked them to leave and she said they would leave when they were ready not before!

She asked me if i had been depressed since Thea was born and i said no because i honestly haven't. She laughed at me again and said she thought i wasn't telling the truth. I told her i didn't appreciate being called a liar in my own home and if she wasn't to going to believe what i said then i didn't see the point of her being here. She asked about breastfeeding, i told her that now my milk had settled in everything was fine and we had no problems, and she just pulled a face at me like i was talking crap or something.

when they left she told me she thought i was hostile! And that she is not satisfied with things here and she will be back in two weeks. Yeah right lady i'm gonna let you in my house again!

How dare she call me a bad mother! Thea is happy and healthy. She has put all her birth weight back on and then some! She is alert. I am with her 24/7. I sing to her, talk to her, play with her, read to her and she isnt even three weeks old yet. What the hell else could i possibly do?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

:shock: shocking!
i hope you didn't offer them a coffee Melanie.

OMG!! :shock: :shock:

How did you not slap her?! :shock:

Well done for keeping your cool hun, I don't know if I could have if it were me. :hug: :hug:

what evil witches,hope you never have to go through that again :hug: xx

:evil: If anybody had even suggested that I got rid of my dogs,or any other of my pets,I think I would have had to knock 'em out!!How dare they :evil:
I thought my HV was bad - you are a GREAT mother,don't let anyone tell you different,you're doing a great job,the best :hug: :hug: :hug:

can't believe they would say such things :shock: thats awful!

im appalled, how dare u be spoken to like that in ur own home!!!

i wouldnt let them in next time, evil hags!!! :evil:

do you think they just said whatever they felt like cos it is harder for you to comminicate and tell people because of the language barrier?? :think:

awww Mel! That's horrible, I probably would have broken down in tears in front of them - cause of share anger, which most likely would not have helped the situation.
I hope next time you get someone more understanding, by the way it sounds like you're doing an awesome job with Thea, it can't be easy being in a strange country - it's bad enough being in a new village were I know no one not to mention being in a foreign country! :hug:

oh my god hun tht is horrible how did u not smack them??
sorry u had to go thro that hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back