anyones 2nd baby head engage early?

treeze

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone has experience of the head engaging early in a 2nd or 3rd pregnancy?

For the first time this pregnancy i woke up last night desparate for the loo which hasn't happened so far (i'm 33 weeks tomorrow).

Then i had period like pains for a good couple of hours and couldn't get back to sleep. baby had gone a bit quiet but then i'm normally asleep at that time (4am!) so that might not be uncommon for less baby movement i guess.

Then when i woke up and got up pains were all gone and bump feels much lower and kicks etc have all moved down.

When i went swimming this morning i could feel baby pushing against the back of my bits and it almost felt a bit taut across the very lower part of my tummy so i couldn't do as many lengths. Also felt baby wriggling like mad whilst i was swimming which is the first time i've felt this too.

So i feel fine again now but eveything still seems lower. Just wondered if it might have been the head engaging but i thought that with 2nd or 3rd pregnancies that this is not common until you are virtually in labour? Anyone had any experiences of 2nd babies engaging early?

Smess has engaged early and it's her 2nd....it can happen x

Me has he is 3/5 at the moment or.as of last.week he was I can't tell you what he is up to now. Lol. It is uncomfortable x x

I'll be able to tell u on Friday when I've seen the Midwife. Id be surprised if he hasn't though the way I feel xx

Toby was engaged very early. Nice to know he was the right way up and getting ready, but it didn't help with him being on time as I had to be induced when I was 2 weeks overdue :lol: x

yeah they say 2nd 3rd 4th 5th ect babies dont usually engage until just before labour but thats bull as all mine engaged early so far they convinced me on my ds i was going to go early because he was so engaged and low down but he didnt come early lol
so on this 1 when they say oh i dont think you will get anywhere near your due date i will chose to totally ignore it

all mine have engaged early except this one. This one still not engaged yet which is strange for me but not strange for having your 6th. so it is totally possible.

aw thanks ladies - got an ante natal coming up so will ask at that - as you say though i'm not going to take any meaning from it at all - with my first she engaged at 34 weeks and i still went 10 days over! at least it might mean babys head down though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back