head engaging?

katiee24

Reaction score
how did you ladies know when babys head was engaging?
ive felt a few niggly pains down there but it also feels like shes punching or nudging my pelvis.. hard to explain!

also ive got really bad back pains! its on my left hand side but like at the back of my ribs.. anybody experienced this? its bloody killing me :( ive tried a heat pad but thats done nothing & i cant bend over properly anymore xx

Could b the little 1 changing position n getting ready! Pain in back n ribs is likely s/he lying on your nerves and as far as bending overs concerned,well u won't b able to from now on really at all :) well easily anyway! I had all these things n now they r kinda getting worse, but I'm also getting used to them,plus I know it means one step closer to the big day! If its really painful a couple of paracetamol usually does nog harm or a call to the midwife would certainly put your mind at ease.

Let us know if it is head engaging cos I thought my wee ones head had but was with mw in Friday n apparently its not fully! Had awful period cramps last week which made me think surely that was it!

I think I felt that I needed to pee more frequently, more pressure lower down and lots of people saying bump had dropped!............Think I know what u mean about pelvis being nudged........I get that a bit too. Not sure about the rib pain but it may be that the position LO is in (although it may be lower down) might be having a knock on effect further up your back and subsequently ribs..........perhaps see if u can get LO to move position and see if it helps your back? xx

thanks girls! I see midwife on tuesday so might have an answer then. The back pain still hasnt gone maybe ive pulled a muscle or something xx

I just started to feel funny pressure down there, especially if I sat down for some time and then got up again. The pain was gone in a few days and I found out that he was 2/5 engaged :)

hi,none of my babies heads has ever engaged untill i was actually in labour so i really dont know hun,but the other week i was walkin in town and i got such a strong and weird feelin down below i actually froze on the spot with fear and it took my breath away,really felt like baby was so close to comin out of me,i told the mw next day and she said the babys head had gone right down deep into the pelvis but wasnt engaged.it was such a strange feelin tho xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back