Anyone WTT due to BFing?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I guess you'd say we are NTNP. My body is still WTT. We are not using protection but I wouldn't really call it TTC because LO is only 4 months and exclusively breastfeed. She is a frequent feeder day and night so the chances of my cycle returning any time soon are slim. Maybe starting solid food at six months will jump start things but it could take a lot longer. Anyone else have TTC on hold because of BFing?

I'm still breastfeeding and I'm hoping my body kicks into gear soon as I want to NTNP in December.
I weaned at 6 months and lo has cut down her feeds now at 6.5 months. I've been getting cramps and lots of ewcm since weaning. I did an opk and thought it was positive but didn't realise the line had to be as strong as or stronger than the test line!! So I don't think I was ovulating.

So I guess if by December I still haven't got a period then I'll be WTT due to bf'ing!
Xxx

Sounds promising. Sounds like we might end up TTC at the same time!

That would be great! :)

I'm excited about it but also makes me a little sad as it means maternity leave will be over then and the current 1-1 time (pretty much every waking moment) I have with my lo won't be the same again!

Going back to work must be hard. I'm a stay at home mum and I love it. I do worry a bit that having another baby so close in age (if it works out) will give me less time for lo but I guess having a sibling will have other advantages. I'm 34 soon and am hoping for 2 more so can't wait around. Don't want to give up BFing to TTC though so we'll see how it goes.

Hey Girls!:)

I'm still waiting for AF to return and my LO is 11 months, he's been weaned since 4 1/2 months and has been feeding 3 times a day until last week when I cut down to 1 a day.

I've had OV symptoms the last couple of months so I've just bought OPKs too see if I'm OVing or not.

I'll keep you posted on my progress..

xx

BunnyN, being a stay at home mum is my dream job and fingers crossed after next one I can fulfill that dream. I want a total of 4 children! I think I'm a bit of a loon.

MaybeBaby, that sounds really promising! Fingers crossed AF returns soon!

Let's keep each other updated! xxx

BunnyN, being a stay at home mum is my dream job and fingers crossed after next one I can fulfill that dream. I want a total of 4 children! I think I'm a bit of a loon.

MaybeBaby, that sounds really promising! Fingers crossed AF returns soon!

Let's keep each other updated! xxx

Hope it works out for you, I love being a say at home mum.

I decided practically the day LO was born I wanted to do it all again. 6 weeks later I wanted 5 kids! I realise thats not very realistic at almost 34 so hoping for two more.

Babybee already knows this lol but I fell pregnant with my second when I was EBF at 4 months and without having periods so it can still happen even without your period returning. Good luck ladies. I'm not sure if we'll have anymore or not. We already have three not sure if I'm just being greedy having any more lol xxx

Me! She is 11 months (12 soon!) BFing and other things have us WTT. While I was pregnant with her, I thought "No more!" But just seconds after she was born, I knew I couldn't be done. Hope everyone has an easy time when you are TTC. GL!

They say you're more likely to conceive twins increase if you're still breastfeeding...

HL28, defo not greedy!

Twins!!! Don't know if Id cope with 3 babies under the age of 2!

Xx

My period showed it's ugly face today!
Will be ttc'ing from Feb!
Xxx

Me! She is 11 months (12 soon!) BFing and other things have us WTT. While I was pregnant with her, I thought "No more!" But just seconds after she was born, I knew I couldn't be done. Hope everyone has an easy time when you are TTC. GL!

Welcome to the club! Sorry i've not been on for a few days so just saw the last few posts.

LO is five months today only a month until she starts solids... So you never know might be TTC soon. I've read the average for getting your periods back is 14 months though.

Hey ladies, just popping my head in! We are not thinking of ttcing yet (original plan was to leave it til July 2015, but feeling like its going to be earlier than that!) but I'm so worried bfing is going to make things tricky for us!

My body is weird when it comes to hormones, I didn't have any periods atall when I was on the depo for 3 years, and only had a few light days bleeding once I went onto the pill for 6mos. But once I came off the pill I got preggers in 21 days!

I'm 3 months bfing now, and maybe feeling like the witch is on her way but not sure! Kind of hoping so, so at least I know I can ovulate whilst bfing. I don't want to give up to have another bubba, but I think I would have to be selfish & just stop if it was effecting our chances of conceiving!

Hey ladies. I exclusively breastfed my LO and my AF returned around 10 or 10.5 months after she was born. She had dropped down to feeding only about 3 times a day by that point. We started TTC immediately and it took two months, so fingers crossed for all of you. x

Hey ladies, just popping my head in! We are not thinking of ttcing yet (original plan was to leave it til July 2015, but feeling like its going to be earlier than that!) but I'm so worried bfing is going to make things tricky for us!

My body is weird when it comes to hormones, I didn't have any periods atall when I was on the depo for 3 years, and only had a few light days bleeding once I went onto the pill for 6mos. But once I came off the pill I got preggers in 21 days!

I'm 3 months bfing now, and maybe feeling like the witch is on her way but not sure! Kind of hoping so, so at least I know I can ovulate whilst bfing. I don't want to give up to have another bubba, but I think I would have to be selfish & just stop if it was effecting our chances of conceiving!

I hope it works out for you. I think the majority of people can concieve when BFing, it just takes a while. Cutting down on feeding works for a lot of ladies. Not the same thing but i was crazy emotional on the pill (had to stop because of it) but was fine during pregnancy so i think it was the synthetic hormones that didn't agree with me.

Hey ladies. I exclusively breastfed my LO and my AF returned around 10 or 10.5 months after she was born. She had dropped down to feeding only about 3 times a day by that point. We started TTC immediately and it took two months, so fingers crossed for all of you. x

Thanks for the success story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back