Anyone work in HR/ Employment Law???

jomc

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Need sone clarification pls.

Im currently on mat leave, getting only SMP.
Found out yesterday my department is relocating and Im being made redundant.
Is it correct that my redundancy wont actually become official until my mat leave finishes? If so, does that mean that any bonus I would have been entitled to during my mat leave from our profit share scheme iwould still have to be paid to me?

Not sure about the bonus but I do know they cannot make you redundant while you're on mat leave. What a crummy situation though :hugs:

ooh if your on mat leave then i could swear your entitled to all perks etc as if you were still working unless stated in their policy. for instance i still have my work mobile and can still use it. you will only be redundant at the end of your mat leave and i think they are supposed to offer you an equivalent job if at all possible. wish i could help hun

Last edited:
Hi jo,

I work in hr. you are still an employee regardless of being in mat leave so you should continue to get any bonus'. In regards to redundancy it should take effect from the end of your leave as you'll still be entitled to your smp.

They should invite you in for a consultation meeting to discuss everything with you before it happens.

I hope that helps, Good luck!

BB xxxx

Hi hun, sorry to hear you're being made redundant. In terms of the bonus I think it depends on what it is for. If it for something you or the company did before your maternity leave started then I think you may be entitled to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back