Anyone with experience regarding small claims?

youngmummyd

Reaction score
Hi ok so a bit of background I rented a brand new flat from a housing association had to paint carpet do it up from scratch though but the day I got the keys I was assured I could go ahead do so and move in. I moved in but within weeks noticed a damp feeling and low and behold mould started on all my furniture . With it being a new build no company's could find address for me to take out house insurance. I lost 3000 pounds worth of stuff and had to hand tenancy in as could not risk any more damage. On first signs of it all I had contacted the landlord and followed every bit of advice they gave they started of saying it was a construction fault followed by saying actually was due to new plaster drying out. They won't accept liability for it but I've took them to court and I'm being heard tomorrow. They've offered me a small amount for settlement but just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on my chances of winning. I'm a nervous wreck!

From what a friend has told me as she been in a similar situation it all depends on the judge and i wonder if what they offered is as much as what you have lost plus all they excess strain put on you and your family and the cause of having to move again...if you have proof of the damage its caused and with them offering a settlement it seems to me you will win and get more x x x

Thanks for your reply Hun that's what I'm hoping ! I would settle for a bit less as the last thing I want to do is sit in court all day but their offer was ridiculously low! Lots of damage proof x

my only advice at this stage would be just be honest! from what you've said it's their problem and they wouldn't have offered you any money at all if they didnt think you had a chance of winning, be honest about what happened and what it's cost you and they'll be put in their place! :) I'd wish you luck but u won't need it...so I'll wish you donuts xx

Haha thank u ! Totally honest and there's ten other claims regarding same thing in against them ! Just wish they would settle properly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back