Anyone using ebay cheapies?

lyndseyd

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have been using the ebay cheapies (ultra early preg tests) and the last two months I have had very faint second lines on them, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and not been pregnant? Its really starting to put my head away thinking im pregnant then the next couple of days im not as the second line doesnt appear!

Hiya i haven't used these particular tests yet. But i didnt wanna read and run. I was reading this particular article last night and it may help to answer some queries about thes really early tests and possible problems with them. http://pregnancyloss.info/2008/08/the-problem-of-early-detection-pregnancy-tests/ Mostly on the left hand side titled "problems of early detection tests". This could possibly be what is happening with you but i am unsure. Hopefully someone else can be of more help to you.
But after reading this article i will be thinking twice before using a super early test this month.

Just read your post on your other thread saying u took it last time the day af was due. Have u gotten anybody else to randomly use one of these tests to make sure it isnt a dodgy batch at all. I think it was evie that had a batch that were fake. She got many positives and ended up getting her OH to use one and even he got a positive. Fingers crossed u get an even stonger bfp next week. if so then test also wiv a CB digi perhaps or similar shop bought test.

Thank you for ur replys, last month I was using a different batch and I also used a clearblue plus and also got a faint BFP so to be honest I think it must of been a very early miscarriage even the dr more or less said it but not in them words. I am waiting on clearblue digital tests in the post so im gonna hold off untill about tuesday to test I will be a day late then x

Does sound like it possibly hun. I believe i had one of these a few years ago but who knows. Fingers crossed for you that you got your sticky :bfp: next week. :dust: :dust: :dust:

Lyndseyd I used the ebay ones and they were very reliable with me however I remember one of the other girls on the forum had a batch and after a bit of heartache got her husband to do the test and it came up positive!! I suppose just be careful but by the sounds of it, it maybe was accurate. Good luck honey!!

Thank you everyone im gonna test with clearblue digi in the morning so I will let yous all know xx

Hey ladies this got me wondering....Im bought some preg test strips and Ov test strips from ebay and as Im due to OV tomorrow Ive been testing the last three days (not sure if I was meant to like) however, all with neg's on Ov strips...
So I thought surely something will start to show today or tomorrow at latests and then when read this post about faulty batches etc I thought Id test with one of each...

So Preg says neg and Ovs had second faint line which Ive not had the last three days so Im hoping that means
A) their not faulty???
and
B) Im def close to Ovulating???

Which is meant to be tomorrow...thanks for raising this subject Lyndseyd...good luck for your BFP's too everyone xxx

Wilma - I used the ov strips from ebay too this month and they seemed to work gd for me so I would say you will be ovulating soon, good luck everyone xxx

Oh great thanks for that L I hope so...good luck everyone...and lots of :dust: xxx

If it's of any use, Boot's are currently showing an offer of buy 2 get 3rd (or cheapest)free on First Response OV kits and their pregnancy tests. Not the cheapest but not too bad...I just bought the OV test kit - £20 or £30 , I don't remember as I was refusing to look :rofl: as it was cheaper than the CB OV test kit.

That CB OV monitor is £100!!! I was outraged! Even the woman in Boot's said that she thinks it's disgusting the price of OV kits and pregnancy tests, considering that it's for a woman - we both nodded and agreed, wisely, that if it were men who got pregnant, then the NHS would probably fork out for the kits - or they'd just be "free to those that need them" in shops :lol:

I start testing tomorrow :yay: and the OH is right on board with it so am a bit stunned :shock: Bless him.

Good luck everyone :dust: here's hoping for more BFP announcements soon.

(After Evie's false positive story and the risks of testing "too soon", I've decided to stick to name brands and forgo the cheapie tests. I know they work for some people but in the grand scheme of things, £30 for 20 OV sticks isn't the end of the earth when you consider how much babies cost!)

I have used these tests , and tbf they are rubbish imo.

I know not all of us can afford to keep splashing out on clearblue , first response but they are probably the most reliable, although in the past i have had a faint line on a First response and not been pregnant.

so i don't really know :dust:

If it's of any use, Boot's are currently showing an offer of buy 2 get 3rd (or cheapest)free on First Response OV kits and their pregnancy tests. Not the cheapest but not too bad...I just bought the OV test kit - £20 or £30 , I don't remember as I was refusing to look :rofl: as it was cheaper than the CB OV test kit.

That CB OV monitor is £100!!! I was outraged! Even the woman in Boot's said that she thinks it's disgusting the price of OV kits and pregnancy tests, considering that it's for a woman - we both nodded and agreed, wisely, that if it were men who got pregnant, then the NHS would probably fork out for the kits - or they'd just be "free to those that need them" in shops :lol:

I start testing tomorrow :yay: and the OH is right on board with it so am a bit stunned :shock: Bless him.

Good luck everyone :dust: here's hoping for more BFP announcements soon.

(After Evie's false positive story and the risks of testing "too soon", I've decided to stick to name brands and forgo the cheapie tests. I know they work for some people but in the grand scheme of things, £30 for 20 OV sticks isn't the end of the earth when you consider how much babies cost!)

toffe pop i'm with you on the testing tomorrow :) I hope we get our BFP's x

Hi Hun I used the eBay cheapies, and they came up straight away I was pregnant I still bought a clearblue after to be on the safe side!!!! Xxx

Well girls I tested this moring with clearblue digi and got my :bfp:

Its feels so much better seeing it in writing so I would definatly advise ppl to get the better tests cause then there is no obsessions over trying to guess "is there a line? is it not a line?"

Just wanna say a big thank you to evryone for supporting me I really appreciate it :thanks::love:

Good luck to everyone trying to get their long awaited :bfp: xxx

:dust::dust::dust:

Big congratulations to you hun. Glad it wasnt a cheapie just playing tricks on you. Good luck with it all. xxxx

Congrats L...thats great news....well done you and good luck everyone else xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back