Anyone trying to conceive but not preventing either?

Mrs CP

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone else trying to conceive but just hoping nature will take its course?
(sorry if there is another thread already on here, but I couldn't find one?)

Just interested in how long you have been trying for or did try for and did it take some pressure off?
Thanks in advance x:wave:

hiya miss CP i am currently in my 2ww of my 5th cycle of trying, a cycle being from one period to the next, my periods are monthy so im lucky compared to some ladies on here.

for the first cycle i did nothing and for the past 3 iv taken folic acids used opks (ovulation prediction kits) have also checked my cervical possition throughout my cycles and the cervical mucus too.
cycle 5 i have not used opks but have :bd: everyday just to make sure weve hit ovulation :)

Last edited:
Hi. I came off pill in February last year. Only when I joined PF few weeks ago did I realise just how much effort can be put into ttc. Felt really naive to be honest. We just let nature take it's course and I fell pregnant in November, so 9 months later (sadly that pregnancy ended in mmc). I plan to do something similar next time we ttc, even though I will be a lot more aware of OV symptoms etc lol. If don't get BFP in couple of months will look about OV tests kits etc.

Good luck on your TTC journey. :)

I came off the pill in January 2010 but had all sorts of problems as had no period at all. I was diagnosed with PCOS and a tumour on my left ovary. I had ovarian drilling and the tumour removed. After that we just didn't prevent and I got pregnant a couple weeks after my operation in December. I have just miscarried but I'm intending to just "not prevent" again now and see how it goes. If I have no luck then I'll probably opk and all the rest of it but with my pcos if it plays up again i'll ask to go on clomid or something. x

Hi,

I came off the pill just after Christmas 10 so not long really, Im not upto charting my ovulation and sticks just yet but cant easily see how it can become a obbsession. Just letting nature do its thing for a while whilst my periods settle back in.

Good Luck to you!

I was not trying not preventing for about 4 or 5 years and there was no stress or pressure :)

We didn't get pregnant either though because we had issues that went unnoticed because we assumed it was just because we weren't trying properly.

I would put myself in this category too

I didn't realise either how much effort got put into ttc - I didn't even know that you could only get pregnant at a certain time of month til I joined this forum.

I would like for things to "just happen" - there is never a right time for anyone to plan a baby, there is always something holding you back like a friends wedding, or a holiday thats booked, or losing weight or something. But the more i've read of this forum i'm starting to realise that it might not just happen this time.

Last time I fell pregnant after being off the pill for 1/2 weeks.

:)

I came off my pill on November 9th last year and I dont use OPKs, I dont regularly 'test' or do anything to help concieve. I did take folic acid but after speaking to 2 friends who are both pg, I have stopped taking it as A) I forget and B) the midwives say its not going to make much difference to be honest.
So, Im here, if it happens it happens.

I wish.........

Actively trying for far too long, takes all the fun out of sex - Boo!

cherry, i would look into that a bit more about folic acid. you should deffo be taking it if you are ttc!! can't believe your midwife told you otherwise, it's really important and i've been told my nurses, gps and consultants that i must take it xx

p.s in reply to the thread i have been actively trying for 9 months with no luck...yet! xx

Only when I joined PF few weeks ago did I realise just how much effort can be put into ttc. Felt really naive to be honest.

I'm the same as you DawnH..... have given in and bought some OPK's now. I came off the pill last May but have been having trouble with my cycles. I settles into getting my AF every 5 5-6 weeks but its now been 80+ days since I had one and no BFP. So hoping the OPK helps. :pray:

THanks for the feedback, hubby and i are planning in trying in April and thought we would just see how things go to begin with and if nothing after a couple of months I'll look at OPK's etc. I have a rough idea of when I should ovulate, but I don't want tot ake the fun out of trying at the beginning. We are alos planning to go on holiday in April, which will hopefully coincide with my most fertile time!

Trying to keep my mind of it at the moment with trying to loose weight and sort the odd jobs out from around the house :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back