Anyone superstitious? What does this butterfly mean?

Starchild

Reaction score
I'm seven months pregnant, with my first baby. Recently me & OH have bought our first home. It's requiring a lot of work so we're there quite a lot. On the day we got the keys, my OH, my parents & myself were standing in the front room together, after a good look around, and a butterfly (I think it was orange) fluttered around us. In the three weeks since I've seen the butterfly twice more, (I'm not saying it's the same one, given their life span!) having just seen it fluttering into the back door & out again, several times.

I've heard butterflies are widely viewed as both good or bad omens to superstitious people. What do you think this butterfly means?

I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the new baby!

Never heard of the butterfly omen before, would view it as a good one though. Very well could link it to the baby, butterflies flutter and from what I read, that's the same feeling as a smaller baby moving around?

Gonna assume some people may view this thread and dismiss all of it as they don't do this kinda stuff but in my opinion anything in life like this should be viewed as anyone sees fit. If a thought or idea makes you happy or connects to whatever you want then go with it :D

Good luck with doing your new home up btw!!

Oh and hopefully you get to see the glass winged butterfly, truly amazing that one. That'd feel like a great omen for sure

I'm a very spiritual person although not necessarily what you would call superstitious. A butterfly is a symbol of transformation in how they go to sleep as an ordinary every day caterpillar and wake up as a beautiful and delicate butterfly. Some may also say it could be a loved one in spirit especially as it's making itself known so blatantly. Make your own mind up on this if course and i won't press my spirituality onto you if you don't want it but I would say it's a good omen and meant only for you and your baby xx

I think to believe it is something spiritual is really positive and warming, it'd be nice to think a loved one was around looking out of me and my unborn baby. I'm gonna take it as a positive omen anyway as even though the house has brought us many set backs, they all seem to sort themselves out, and we haven't had any problems with our baby she really is as good as gold. Thank you for the replies I wasn't really expecting anyone to believe anything of it, like NightWolf18 said people usually dismiss things like this. So I really appreciate some open minded positive replies.

Thank you & good luck!

No problem, have had people dismiss some ideas I like to believe in and it can hurt. Never considered the loved one thing and yet like to believe the night sky with all the stars is that of good people watching over us through the night. None of this is any different to us going to a cemetery and talking to deceased loved ones etc, as humans we need to feel safe and comforted and all these thoughts in life help

It's like you said before night wolf if the thought or belief brings you comfort then I see no problem in that a big part of my belief system is that everyone has the right to believe what they wish. If it works for you I won't stop you because my belief system works for me and I want to be left alone to enjoy it. Sadly not enough people think the same way. Many years ago I would have been burnt at the stake for my beliefs and yet I don't try and get people to follow me or change their religion I just want to live life my way respect others and get respect in return x

Last edited:
Yep exactly and if more people lived this way we'd be living in a much happier world. It hurts no one if someone believes something they don't

It was interesting to read) Thanks for this thread Starchild! I have never been superstitious. But it was interesting to know that if you see a butterfly it's for good;-) I will look for batterfly around me all the time now:)

It was interesting to read) Thanks for this thread Starchild! I have never been superstitious. But it was interesting to know that if you see a butterfly it's for good;-) I will look for batterfly around me all the time now:)

I think the same goes for dragonflies too. :)

I think butterfly is a good sign, I always thought they are symbol of changes and new starts. Cause they transform from one form to another and begin a brand new life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back