• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone only been with their partner a short while??

MissGobby

Reaction score
We have only been together 6 months although were best mates before, we are now living together and found out today im expecting our first baby. although me and OH are sooo happy - im scared what the parents wil say, with us only been together 6 months.

ME ME ME!!

See my thread "i told my bf". I've been with him for only 2 months (less!)

I share your fears 100% and I wish it was 6 months for me too!

Don't worry hun, you've known each other for much longer no?
Did you tell your mum about your previous pregnancy?

It's great you got your own place now, this will make it smoother and easier for your parents to accept.

As people told me, you might be surprised by their reaction

Good luck, are you planning to tell them anytime soon?

Yeah known him for 2 years and he is very close to my dad (they used to work together) im sooo scared though of what they will say.

no nobody knew about previos pregnancy. and hopefully going to tell them really soon - what about you? are you living with your OH? when you telling the folks? xxx

Well I'm there half days of the week but we're not living together. The plan we thought about is me moving in around August, when my lease is over.

I'm not planning to tell them now as it's too early and the risk of mc is high the first few weeks. I wouldn't want to get sh*t for nothing! (excuse my french)

It's really positive he knows your dad. I think they'll be shocked but happy for you hun, don't worry and don't predict how they're going to react

good luck

I found I was pregnant after I had only been with DH for 6 weeks :oops: We are still together now though almost 9 years later :D

Don't worry about what other people think. So long as you are both happy that is the main thing!

And congrats :D

DebbieM said:
Don't worry about what other people think. So long as you are both happy that is the main thing!

And congrats :D

i agree, also you were ttc so your relationship must be pretty solid( ie something you both decided on.)

x

We finally got together on the 1st February and I was ovulating around the 7th February so erm :oops: :lol: :D :D :D me n me fella have been good friends for about 6 months before we got together and we share the same best friend's - my life has totally clicked into place since we got together and today i told him i love him for the first time and that he has made all my dreams come true :D :D :D my mum did the typical "tis a bit quick int it!?" remark but as i said to me mum... ave done it before on me own mostly with me first and if me n bf don't work out i know he gonna be a fantastic dad regardless.

Try not to worry ladies n gents - the only people that really matter are you and your partner and if you are happy then it up to everyone else to support you in your happiness ;)

loadsa love Sarah xxxxxx

As long as you are both happy it doesn't matter that much what others say because although you care about their opinion, once LO is here they will all be after some baby time :wink: :hug: Have fun spreading the news :cheer: :hug:

I'd only met Eefies dad 6 months before too, I think he was more worried about telling my folks whereas I couldn't give a monkeys as it was my life lol! We're still happily together and expecting number 2 and we've been together 2 years 2 months now :)

Me & Rob had only been together a few weeks when I came off the pill and I was PG with Jordan within the 1st 5 mths of being together. We're still going strong 9 yrs later.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I didn't want to initially post on this thread because of how my situation turned out, but reading your posts I think you're all bloody fantastic!!

My auntie had been with her partner a very short time before falling pg (with twins :shock: ) 21 years later and they're SOOO happy and still together :D

I hadn't been with my partner very long, but to be fair, I did have doubts in the latter weeks... But anyway, I agree - You can't help who you fall for or the speed of the falling! I know people who have been together years and aren't truly happy. If you girls can find that within months or even weeks, then that's fantastic!

"Meant to be" springs to mind! xxx

MissGobby, totally off the topic but get yourself over to October Babs and add yourself... You gotta be due in Oct right? :hug: :hug:

dannii87 said:
I didn't want to initially post on this thread because of how my situation turned out, but reading your posts I think you're all bloody fantastic!!

"Meant to be" springs to mind! xxx

I just wanted to add to your post Dannii, before I decided to get pregnant with my OH (4yrs after being together), I knew I had to be ready despite him being ready, he was ready a year in :lol: I felt I had to be ready to do this all alone because sometimes people do seperate, sometimes people pass away, I think all good mothers can do it alone, its just very unfortunate that it sometimes happens, but being ready to do it, despite ANYONE else is what matters I believe. You don't need a Daddy to be a good Mummy, if that makes sense, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back