Anyone know boy or girl tests?

ss79

Reaction score
Just wondering does anyone know any old wives tales things about finding out what sex your baby is before the scan?

Isn't there something about dangling a key over the belly or something? I don't mind if we have a boy or girl but think it would be quite fun to know about these.

thanks x

i know of the bump one . . . if its all out front its a boy, if its round the sides its a girl!
ive asked a few people if its true and everyone has so far said yes! hope that helps!!!
my bump is all out front, havent put any weight on anywhere else :) so from that theory its a boy, wich OH would love :)

a ring tied with a strand of your hair, held by someone else over your tummy, if it goes in circles then it's supposed to mean girl and back and forth means boy.

I am convinced pickle will be a boy, but we're not finding out until baby is born, but the ring test said boy for me so am even more set in my mind now.

I actually saw one advertised online (an american site). Its a urine test you can do from 6 weeks, $29.99, it apparently predicts gender????? xx

Hmm I did a post a little while ago with old wives tales on it I will have to see if I can find it hun.

As for the bump theory I am having a girl and have a front bump lol not saying I have not put weight on else where but it seems I am mostly all bump. The gender pridiction tests will just check the ph of your urine by the way - they have a 50/50 chance of being right haha x

haha some of those in the old thread are so funny, if your pillow faces north? how can that determine the sex? heehee

very useful though, thanks Miss

LOL tell me about it!

I went in search of old wives tales as Hopeful had her 20 week scan and they could not see the sex of the baby!

Just found another one by the way!

The test: put a little bit of baking soda in the bottom of a disposable cup then add a little bit of your pee. If it fizzles (like a soft drink) then you are having a boy. If not, it's a girl.

Make sure to use baking soda, not baking powder.

Oooo yes I do it involes red cabbage and first morning wee.
Boil it up the cabbage after cutting it one you have boiled it the water colour should of gone bluey purple you do equal amounts of wee
To the cabbage water. If its red its a boy if its purpleblue its a girl. Good luck. X x

Better instructions

Go to the store and buy a red cabbage. The size of the cabbage does not matter at all. Cut the cabbage into big chunks. The smaller you cut the chunks, the better your results will turn out. Boil some water on the stove and put in the chunks of cabbage. Let the water and cabbage boil for about 10 minutes or so. When the ten minutes is up, remove it from the heat. Grab a cup and go to the bathroom! Pee into the cup. In a separate cup, mix 1 part of your urine to 1 part of the water that the cabbage was boiled in. No need to save the cabbage unless you want to eat it. It's pretty tasty, so you might want to eat it! If the urine/cabbage water turns pink or red then this indicates a boy result! If the urine/cabbage water turns purple, this indicates a girl result.

The heart rate one is rubbish for sure (yeah like all the others are reliable, lol). I was in hospital for 16 days and got baby's heartrate checked 3 times a day - had always thought he was a boy, but heart rate was consistently over 140bpm which according to old wives tales means girl. So I totally convinced myself it was in fact a girl - then found out at 27 weeks that he is indeed a boy!! Heart rate varies so much according to how many weeks pregnant you are and how active they are when they're being monitored - my baby's jumped from 140 - 200bpm which is almost off the scale - they called in doctors because they were so concerned that it was so erratic but it was just that he didn't like the monitor being on him and kept kicking and trying to move out the way of it, lol xxx

Last edited:
Oooo yes I do it involes red cabbage and first morning wee.
Boil it up the cabbage after cutting it one you have boiled it the water colour should of gone bluey purple you do equal amounts of wee
To the cabbage water. If its red its a boy if its purpleblue its a girl. Good luck. X x

hahah Smess thats the test I was threatening Hopeful with!! xx

I did it before but not this time lol. X x

Ha there are so many funny ones , I read one somewhere about bleach fizzing if you pee in it ? My Grandad has never been wrong with his guesses , just by looking at bumps . He told me I was having a girls and I laughed as I was convinced otherwise then I had one !

jld123 - that chat says im having a girl and yet like Miss i have seen a different one that said im having a boy!!! oh well only have 20 days to wait till we find out . . . hopefully "it" will let us!!!

That chart disagrees with the other Chinese predictor one I've seen too cos the other one predicted a girl and that one predicted a boy.

My bump is all out front and I'm having a girl so the bump theory doesn't fit for me either by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back