Anyone having trouble working at the moment?

Frog99

Reaction score
Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've done very little work.
Not only do I have trouble fitting in work and throwing up but I have no concentration or motivation at all.

I'm sole director of my company and am based in my spare bedroom so luckily I don't have any bosses to answer to etc but I'm finding it extremely hard to get any work down. The main concern I have is that if I don't do work, I don't earn money and that is needed more than ever at the moment.

Anyone else having trouble working?

I'm finding it a real struggle at the moment. I work part-time for the local council in the mornings & that's not too taxing but I also dog walk for a few people in the afternoons as well and that leaves me exhausted. I've told them that i'm pregnant now as I was having to cancel the walks last week as I just had to go home and sleep.
Doesn't help that I have ME aswell, which seems to be 10x worse at the moment :(

I just want to :sleep: the day away but when it comes to sleeping at night I can't :wall:

I have 3 dogs (wouldn't recommend it to anyone - it's a nightmare!) - my first task every morning is to take them out for a long walk so they sleep for the rest of the day. When I was feeling really ill last week I couldn't take them out which meant they spent all day bugging me and running round the house.

I've managed to go back out with them this week and I'm finding it more tiring than usual. I've had to shorten the route a bit so now it's about 35-45mins instead of the previously hour walk, plus I've cut the final hill out.

I tend to doze in front of the telly from about 7-9pm, then wake up for an hour or so before going to bed. I love my sleep though and think it'll be a nightmare when the little one arrives.

It all must be so much worse for you Hannah

I have 3 dogs too!!! They're a bloody nightmare when they've missed their walk :lol: I tend to take mine out in the afternoons, which is normally after I've walked everyone elses, so I'm knackered and then they only get about 30mins some days. It's ok in the summer as my DH can take them but now he doesn't get home until it's dark so I have to fit it all in my day. Stupid clock changing nonsense!
Thankfully, we have a big garden that they can charge about in but they don't seem to want to go out there at the moment, which is a pain.

I go to bed really early now but I still have problems getting to sleep. And then my stupid bladder wakes me up about 3 times in the night GRRRRRR!! :rotfl:

I'm getting up twice a night to wee too - very annoying.

What kind of dogs do you have? I have an 11 yr old Boxer who my boyfs had since a pup, a 5yr old staffie cross that I rescued 4 years ago and then in July we got a rescue Boxer who's 3.

Staffie can't be left on his own so the latest Boxer is sort of a replacement for our older one...I thought 2 dogs was hard work but 3 is considerably harder. The two rescues are pretty poorly trained too - one of them doesn't see food as a reward so training is really hard work, the other is rediculously thick and forgets everything by the next day!

I have a 7yr old Collie cross, 6yr old Springer Spaniel (yes, she is mental!) and in April we rescued another pup and she's a 1yr old Whippet/Collie cross.
They are lovely girls and normally well behaved...unless i've missed a couple of walks then they turn into nut jobs! I've been walking them with a few friends, which has been wearing them out. There were 7 dogs all running round the forest on Saturday morning and they slept the rest of the day, which was a first!

HannahD said:
I'm finding it a real struggle at the moment. I work part-time for the local council in the mornings & that's not too taxing but I also dog walk for a few people in the afternoons as well and that leaves me exhausted. I've told them that i'm pregnant now as I was having to cancel the walks last week as I just had to go home and sleep.
Doesn't help that I have ME aswell, which seems to be 10x worse at the moment :(

I just want to :sleep: the day away but when it comes to sleeping at night I can't :wall:

Hannah, you must be exhausted! I do feel for you as one of my friends has ME and finds life generally a struggle at times, so it must be doubly worse now you're pregnant.

Frog - yes I am finding it hard to work at the moment hence I am sitting here chatting now :rotfl: I have sh*t loads to do but keep having a quick peek in here and nearly get caught!

Hey ladies, its a great thing you have dogs.......I only have one, but a 15 month old collie and she has to be walked daily - otherwise she would spend her whole evening bouncing off the walls. Up until 30 weeks I was still walking her 2-3 miles a day, but it got so hard, so now take her out for a good 30-40 mins, generally for a good run round the fields -where I get to walk less, but she gets to run like a mad thing, and sometimes take a ball, so she gets some further exercise.

It does get harder as your pregnancy progresses, but Im a firm believer that its good to keep exercising, and on these lovely crisp, cold, but sunny mornings its absolutely lovely - in fact I just got back from our walk - and really enjoyed it!

And frog I get up 5-6 times a night to pee now........just you wait :D

EllieBelle said:
I get up 5-6 times a night to pee now........just you wait :D

OMG! I thought 3 times was bad enough :lol:

My ME has been greatly improved and I can work but I have to be so careful what I do in my spare time and add up whether it's worth feeling like sh*t the next day! There is a bonus tho as I don't often do things I don't enjoy anymore.

Ellie, we had a beautiful walk on Sunday morning when it was all frosty and sunny. I love days like that in the forest. It's good as I can gently wander while the dogs chase each other around and wear themselves out. Lucy, our collie, does laps on us so she gets loads of exercise without me having to go very far.

I cant seem to concentrate at work very long. I work full time and seem to get tired at around 2ish. it does not help that I feel sick all the time, have not actually been :puke: sick as yet but the feeling lasts from when i get up to around 6ish each day. work have been fine though, i only work in a small office so its not too bad.

I used to have 3 dogs but only have the one now and luckily he is quite carm and hubby takes him out for walks. But i have the cats to look after.

xx

I feel like my brain just isn't at it's best and it's hard to concentrate on anything... all I really want to do is sleep!!!

I'm working ok (I think!) it's just that I'm spending too much time on here and not getting enough work done! Oh well nevermind! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back