Anyone have more success BF second time around?

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Im gonna try and BF Pumpkin and am approaching it positively but Im also realistic about my chances cos the main reason I think I had to stop last time, besides James being such a huge and hungry baby, was how HUGE my boobies are.

However I recognise that all babies are different so I may not find it as impossible this time round....

I was curious to know how realistic Im being and if there are any mummies out there who stopped BF early first time round but were able to do it for longer with subsequent babies....

Cheers!
:hug:

Jen&James said:
, was how HUGE my boobies are.

Humph!! :shakehead:

Not a problem I am ever likely to have... :roll:

But I am hoping for more sucess next time round - and very interested in any replies!!

I only managed to breastfeed Nathan for 3 days because he was early and wouldn't suck, also I hated being in hospital so couldn't be bothered putting the effort in either.

Im still breastfeeding Kieran now, he's 10 weeks today. He was born at 39 weeks though so later than Nathan. This time I was really determined I was going to be able to breastfeed and that I wouldn't give up as easy as I did with Nathan and it worked becuase im still doing it :)

Also my boobs are huge aswell (40H now, was a 40G before getting pregnant and breastfeeding so they have always been big anyway) I manage to feed him ok, sometimes have to hold my boob out of the way but most of the time I can do it without having to hold my boob :)

I found it much easier with lil miss...my nipples didn't hurt for so long, I was more confident, educated, experienced... and I think it just helped no end. Set yourself a realistic goal such as I'll deffo bf'd for 3 weeks, then move it to 6 if you reach the first, etc... That way you'll feel the pressure less. :)

OK, so I'm on my first but Galen was and is a HUGE feeder and a big baby since birth. 17lb plus atm and growing fast. I struggled in the early weeks but that was more my own health problems than him. And in more recent times found it hard to have enough supply due to his feeding so often. But we got through it and its settling down a bit. Still ever 2 hours at least during the day.

FWIW I have big boobs also. Never found this to be an issue when breastfeeding. I used to be a 38D (sometimes DD and a 40) but then with weight gain and pregnancy they are now a 42E/F cup. Galen has always laid on a pillow for feeding and the first few weeks I'd support him but once he got the hang of it he would sort himself out. The pillow made it more comfy for us both. I used to rugby ball feed him on one boob also which worked well.

Out and about we don't use one and its ok. A bit tricky as he likes to lie flat but we manage.

I wish i didnt find it an issue but my boobs deffo got in my way. I was a 40H BEFORE the milk came in so god knows what i was when the milk started flowing - the bras i had bought in a 40H were like pimples on the end of my knockers! :rotfl:

Anyways, as i said i will give it a go again and hopefully i will have more success this time round!

Thanks for your answers guys
:hug:

I think Xena succeeded with her second much longer than she did with her first too.

I'm a G/H cup too (not now but when I was feeding).

Good luck Jen, we're here if you need us, when the time comes :hug:

Valentine Xxx

hi chick..

i fed charlotte for 3 days.. when i had her the support just wasnt there.. i found it so hard it didnt come natural at all

this time i went to antenatal breastfeeding support and met the local breastfeeding worker. she was fantastic.. really helped me. after ted was born at 36+5 i struggled again.. exactly teh same problems as charlotte.. wouldnt latch couldnt be bothered to feed in the 1st day. so i had to express and seringe. then he latched on in the night but it wasnt a correct latch and my god it hurt like mad.. i perceveered till day 3.. and i broke down onn hte phone to the hospital receptionist (sob.. i cant breastfeed my baby sob) lol. the breastfeeding worker came out to the house and really helped me.. we went and stayed at the birth center over night. the latch was fine from there and i fed for 5 months.. i think u gain knowledge from each baby you have and feed if i have another i aim to feed again untill they wean.. hopefully it will be past 5 months next time..

my advise.. get support and ask for help xx

lisa&alex said:
hi chick..

i fed charlotte for 3 days.. when i had her the support just wasnt there.. i found it so hard it didnt come natural at all

this time i went to antenatal breastfeeding support and met the local breastfeeding worker. she was fantastic.. really helped me. after ted was born at 36+5 i struggled again.. exactly teh same problems as charlotte.. wouldnt latch couldnt be bothered to feed in the 1st day. so i had to express and seringe. then he latched on in the night but it wasnt a correct latch and my god it hurt like mad.. i perceveered till day 3.. and i broke down onn hte phone to the hospital receptionist (sob.. i cant breastfeed my baby sob) lol. the breastfeeding worker came out to the house and really helped me.. we went and stayed at the birth center over night. the latch was fine from there and i fed for 5 months.. i think u gain knowledge from each baby you have and feed if i have another i aim to feed again untill they wean.. hopefully it will be past 5 months next time..

my advise.. get support and ask for help xx

Thanks hun :hug: :hug: I will deffo seek more help this time

Jen, i'll be ur personal breastfeeding support counsellor :D On call at anytime hehe im looking into becoming a breastfeeding support cousellor at the moment so im all yours ;) I think if u get past the first weeks you'll find it becomes easier as baby will be able to arrange its self meaning u dont have to hold your boob out of the way etc, good luck chick :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

I found it easier 2nd time - was just generally more confident with the whole baby thing which left me more time to concentrate on being a good moo cow!!

ill let you know in a few weeks hun :). i like to think that i have learnt from my mistakes last time and can be more successful this time - fingers crossed

happy_chick said:
Jen, i'll be ur personal breastfeeding support counsellor :D On call at anytime hehe im looking into becoming a breastfeeding support cousellor at the moment so im all yours ;) I think if u get past the first weeks you'll find it becomes easier as baby will be able to arrange its self meaning u dont have to hold your boob out of the way etc, good luck chick :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

Aw thanks hun.... :hug:

I will remind you of that when I call you at 3am in the morning screaming down the phone cos he/she wont latch on properly and my nips feel like they are gonna fall off!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I fed Aaron for 3 days and wasn't producing enough. My milk never came in, in the end I just gave up. Aaron was screaming cos he was starving and I couldn't cope, especially after having an awful c section and losing a lot of blood. With Tamzin I never planned at all how I was going to feed her, I just said all the way through we'll see when she's born. I even bought a tin of formula just to be prepared! When I managed to have my vbac I just knew I wanted to give it a go and we're still going! She'll be 5 weeks friday and we're doing so well. I worried a lot less this time round and I had a better birth which I think both contributed to me breastfeeding with little problems. Good luck hun, hope you can do it! I have 36G boobs and don't find they get in the way too much.

I had cracked bleeding nipples, mastitis and all sorts with my first born, and gave up after 8 weeks as I was convinced he wasn't getting enough milk. Bahh how silly was I.

Anyhow I latched my next on minutes after birth and she carried on BF till after her second birthday, much to everyones disgust :evil:

In the end I just told her they weren't working anymore, gave her a cup of cows milk and that was that :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back