Anyone got the M&P's Sola or Pliko Pramette?

Dee83

Reaction score
I am torn between these two travel systems and am wondering if anyone can tell me their experiences if you have one of them. Having looked at the reviews online, the Sola seems to be the best but i would love to hear what you ladies on here think.
Also, i am hoping to get a small car before baby arrives, probably a corsa, so if you could also let me know whether you think it would fit in the boot that would be great. I haven't actually passed my driving test yet (it's not until Oct) so if i fail i may well need to be using public transport so your views on getting the prams on and off buses etc would be helpful.

Thanks, Dee. xxx

I read loads and loads of reviews on the Pliko (as it was my first choice) and they were all very negative so i've gone for the ultima. Do you want me to PM you the which reviews on both as my mum has an account???

Yeah, that would be great, thanks hun. I was looking at the Ultima, it's soooo nice, it's out of our price range though unfortunately. xx

Have you tried ebay? They arnt on that often (which I think shows good things for a pram) Unlike the pliko tho has 100s.

I havn't used one tho. I'll PM you now.

i had the pliko pramette and my best friend has the ultima, the pliko is v comfy and is umbrella fold, the ultima is lush but is huge and not suitable for anything other than a massive boot!! my main prob with the pliko is its not funky enough lol but in general i think mamas and papas is a fab brand!! the luna mix also gets fantastic reviews and can turn to a travel system xxx

as for ebay the pliko has been around a lot longer so there inevitably is a lot more hanging around, its also a good thing if a prams had plenty of use and still fit for sale :D xx

I had the ultima mpx with dd it's bulky doesn't fold small and v heavy I stopped using it n bought a loola sold the ultima it was like new. I have a 4x4 but it still took all boot space up.

Having looked through lots of the online reviews i think that the Sola is my best bet. Would still be interested to hear from anyone who has any experience of it as i won't be buying it just yet anyway. Thanks girls. xxx

I have the sola. I have had a few problems with the wheels sticking but mamas and papas replaced the 2 front wheels. I also think that the handle bar adjuster isn't the easiest to use (don't know if mine is just a bit dodgy). Apart from that I love it, it is easy to put up and down, easy to maenouver, great that you can have forward and rear facing. I had the carry cot as well which is fab for a newborn x

I have the sola. I have had a few problems with the wheels sticking but mamas and papas replaced the 2 front wheels. I also think that the handle bar adjuster isn't the easiest to use (don't know if mine is just a bit dodgy). Apart from that I love it, it is easy to put up and down, easy to maenouver, great that you can have forward and rear facing. I had the carry cot as well which is fab for a newborn x

Thanks hun, sounds pretty good on the whole. I think it's probably quite difficult to get one that is 100% perfect anyway! I think i will be getting the carry cot too, the buggy bit, when laid flat, didn't look substantial enough for a newborn.
I see your from the Wirral, like me! Think your the first girl i've seen on here from our area! xxx

Hi Dee, we ordered the Sola a few weeks ago, the truffle one as we are team yellow. Read lots of reviews on various websites which were very good and the price was about right for us. It arrives next week and is our first purchase! x

Thanks hun, sounds pretty good on the whole. I think it's probably quite difficult to get one that is 100% perfect anyway! I think i will be getting the carry cot too, the buggy bit, when laid flat, didn't look substantial enough for a newborn.
I see your from the Wirral, like me! Think your the first girl i've seen on here from our area! xxx

I didn't notice you were from the Wirral, don't think there are many of us on here! I'm sure you will love the pram, and mamas an papas are good if you have any problems. XxX

Thanks girls. Will hopefully find out the sex tomoro so then i can decide on what colour Sola to get :dance:

Hey hun.

Just wanted to say i have got my eye on the Sola too. I fell in love with it as soon as i walked into the shop. Since seeing it we have been back to m&p's quite a few times to have a play with it lol. I cant fault anything about it. Its on sale but the sale ends on Sunday so after that the price will go up a fair bit. Arghhh i want it now lol.

Dee......Any ideas if and when you will be getting yours?

Amy xxx

Hi everyone,

Im new to this site.

I bought the Ultima and really disappointed with it. It looks lovely with the pram top and i must admit the stand and pram top together were useful when my daughter was a newborn.... but it is just too bulky to store and a nightmare to push.

Got the Luna and love it as a lightweight pushchair but I think this is perfect for summer but naff in cold weather.

Got my eye on the Sola but just wondering how good it is off road or on bumpy paths? The Luna is perfect for going to the shops etc but I want something that will handle being on a bumpy path or in naff weather. Any thoughts on the Sola? I want something that will do my daughter (now 17months) and be fine for number 2. Help!

xxxx

We have the Sola!! Obviously i havent used it yet as baby not arrived but im inlove with it! I have lots of friends who have it and cant say anything bad about it! It s mamas and papas best seller for a reason! Love the fact you can buy the seperate carrycot, looking forward to using it in the winter.

Really wouldnt go for the pliko, my neighbour has it, its an absolute pain to colapse, the pram bit isnt very big and also where it is is so padded the baby gets very hot, my neighbours newborn was literally sweating by the time she had got back from a walk with her the other day! I also dont like the way that the seat only faces forwards, the frame is not very well put together, very plasticy, don't like the free-reign harness so if baby is lying down they can still sit up!?... the list goes on! I heard they are phasing it out soon anyway as they have been doing it so long, there are much more stylish pushchairs out there and much more worth the money!

Oh also we have the sola in denim, we are having a boy but think you could use it for either sex really as there are lots of different colours in the stripes :)

i had the ultima with dd1 and sold it within 12 mths it was too big, heavy and a pain in the rear, never would i have one again. like another poster said the carrycot and stand were best bit about it for sleeping newborns in the house.

i have my eye on the sola at the mo but trying to find a buggy board that fits ok on it. really like the denim one and thats the one i think ill get provided a buggy board fits.

friend has it and she says its great and glad she got it.

Hi girls,

Thanks for all of your advice on this. I've not been on here for a while so only just catching up with all the posts.

We have gone for the Sola in black! It's getting delivered to my Father-in-laws on Friday. As he is buying it, he is wanting to keep it until baby is born so i prob won't get to have a play with it before then!!!!!! :shakehead:

Very excited about it though and can't wait to use it!!!

Any of you girls who said you had your eye on it decided to go for it??? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back