Anyone got nesting instincts?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by ClareBear, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ClareBear

ClareBear Well-Known Member

I had always thought that the idea of getting a strong nesting urge was an old wives tale-and until now I've been anti-nesting really, more than happy to have an excuse to leave the housework -blame free!

However over the last few days I've been acting a bit peculiar :shock: I couldn't rest til my hospital bag was packed and repacked- on waking in the night I've been considering bits of cleaning, now I've just bleached and re-ordered the entire kitchen! It's really, really not like me one bit.

Has anyone else experienced this??? Also does it mean labour is iminent????

2. leighannex

leighannex Well-Known Member

hey
    i personally dont think means a thing lol
    ive never gone through any type of "nesting period" when i did have tidy up and all that (which doesnt happen often) nothing has happened as thats when i was 36weeks lol

3. Tegala-7thMarch08

Tegala-7thMarch08 Well-Known Member

u shud see the state of my room :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i dnt think it will ever come for me

4. KJL

KJL Well-Known Member

I have heard from a few people that it's perfectly normal. My mum said a few days before she had me she started moving furniture and repainting the walls :D I'm not sure if it means you are iminent but it definately means that it's going to happen soon.

5. poppy160

poppy160 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I have the nesting instinct..I'll have a go at cleaning the bathroom but only because I love the smell of the cleaner..once the smell of it is on my hands I'll leave my OH to finish it..like I've just done :D